Council has renewed the playground at Deepdene Park, Deepdene.
Due to its age and condition, the playground was replaced in mid-2022.
After receiving feedback from the community, the construction of the new playground is now complete.
About the project
We held a community consultation seeking ideas to help inform the new playground’s design in November/December 2020.
The new playground design includes the themes most popular with the community:
- A new train themed combination unit will replace the existing play unit. Designed for a range of ages and abilities, it will include climbing and traversing, a shop counter, a tunnel and slides.
- A variety of new swings, including a toddler seat, a joey swing and a separate higher senior swing frame.
- Interactions with nature including a water pump, balancing logs and a creek bed.
- An upgraded social area including a BBQ, an all-weather area and picnic tables.
- Monkey bars and a track glide.
- Greater accessibility for users with limited mobility and wheelchairs.
- New shade trees will be added to complement the existing shade overhead.
New paving between park elements, Whitehorse Road and the car park will be included to improve accessibility for wheelchairs and limited mobility users.
Further improvements include:
- renovating the existing tram
- new bike hoops
- relocated accessible drinking fountain.
Download the playground design concept
|November/December 2020||Community Consultation||
We asked the community for their feedback to help inform the design. The key themes we heard from the community were:
|July 2021||Design developed||Available available for public to view|
|Early 2022||Works to commence -pending funding||Works commenced|
|Mid-2022||Works to be completed||Works completed|