Check if your event includes temporary structures
At least 2 months before the event.
Your event plan must include:
- details of temporary structures such as marquees, amusement rides, inflatable structures, generators, food vans, stages, seating or cool rooms
- evidence that you have applied for any approvals or permits needed for the temporary structure.
Temporary structures must be weighted down with sandbags or water weights.
We don't allow structures to be pegged or staked in the ground as this may damage our underground irrigation systems.
Permits for temporary structures
The following prescribed temporary structures require approval from the Victorian Building Authority:
- a stage or platform exceeding 150sqm
- a tent, marquee or booth with a floor area greater than 100sqm
- a seating stand that accommodates more than 20 people
- a prefabricated building with a floor area exceeding 100sqm.
If you intend to erect any of these items, complete the Application for Siting of Prescribed Temporary Structure.
A permit fee applies. Allow 10 weeks for processing.
For queries, contact the Sport and Events Team on 9278 4595.
Approval for larger marquees
We allow one 3m by 3m shade structure to be erected at no cost. Additional marquees or a marquee bigger than 9 square metres require Council approval.
For approval for additional or larger marquees, email [email protected].