Get permission for fireworks or pyrotechnics, if required

At least 2 months before the event.

Setting off fireworks is illegal in Victoria unless the operator holds a Licence to Use Fireworks as a Pyrotechnician. These licenses are issued by WorkSafe. 

For more information, see guidance on using fireworks from WorkSafe, or call 1800 136 089.

Notify us

Email a copy of your operator’s license and the notification to discharge fireworks that was lodged with Worksafe to [email protected].

You will also need to provide a copy of the operator's Public Liability insurance certificate of currency. 

If permission is granted by us, a fee will be charged.

Will your event include fireworks?