We have more than 500,000 physical and online items for our members to borrow, and they are borrowed around 2.4 million times each year.
In Victoria, only the State Library has a larger collection.
Members can borrow items for the whole family - adults, young adults and children - both from our libraries and through our online collections.
- Books including large print, graphic novels, language learning, picture books, and early learners
- eBooks and audio books for adults and children
- Films, TV series and documentaries
- Music, from pop to classical, children’s stories to instructional resources
- Newspapers and magazines
- Non-English language books and audiovisual materials
- Journals and articles, including EBSCOhost and ProQuest
- Online learning courses
- Local history collections and photographs.
Items for use in the library only
Some items can only be used in the library, not borrowed to take away:
- Newspapers are available daily to read in the library
- Restricted local history collection
- Dictionaries, atlases and street directories.