On this page
Our online learning collection
Get free access to online courses for personal or professional development with your library membership.
Sign up using your:
- 14-digit membership number (under the barcode on your library card).
- 6-digit PIN (your date of birth in DDMMYY format).
Not a library member?
These online learning platforms are separate to Boroondara Library Service. You need to download the relevant app or visit the website to find and use these courses.
You can't search our catalogue to find these online courses.
Discover and develop business, technology-related and creative skills through expert-led course videos.
- Access more than 9,000 courses in a range of languages
- Post completed courses to your LinkedIn profile
- Get recommendations based on your interests.
Sign up to LinkedIn Learning
On a computer
- Go to LinkedIn Learning and click get started.
- Enter your library membership number and PIN.
To access courses in another language:
- Click 'en' located in the upper right corner, and select your language.
On a mobile device
Road to IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Learn English at intermediate level and above.
Prepare for the IELTS exam with:
- over 120 hours of interactive activities
- advice from experts
- practice tests to download.
Sign up and log in to Creativebug
Sign up on the Creativebug website using your library membership number. (You can't open a new account on the app, it can only be done on the website.)
Once you have signed up, you can log in on either a computer or the mobile app.
Transparent Language Online
Discover more than 120 languages to learn online, including:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) courses for native speakers of 28 different languages.
- Languages in ‘Kidspeak’, for children aged 6 and above.
Sign up to Transparent Language Online
You must sign up on a desktop. Once you've signed up, you can log in on a mobile phone or tablet.
- Go to Transparent Language and select the sign up tab.
- Enter your library membership number.
- Enter your email address.
- Create a username and password.
- Choose a language to learn.
Then follow the next 4 steps if you want to continue on a mobile phone or tablet.
- After you have chosen a language to learn, select Go mobile.
- Choose your device and review the instructions.
- Copy down your unique code.
- Download the Transparent Language app and authorise it with your code.