2 Centre Way, Balwyn North 3104 (behind the Greythorn shops)
Reception opening hours
The reception counter at the Greythorn Community Hub is open weekdays (Monday to Friday) from 9 am to 5 pm. Reception is closed on public holidays.
The hours and contact details of each of the services and community groups located within the precinct may vary. Visit the service pages linked on this page for more information.
Children and education services
The Greythorn Early Childhood Centre provides long day care and occasional care for 3-month-olds to school age children, and a 4-year-old kindergarten program as well. Find out more on the Greythorn Early Childhood Centre website.
The following health services are available at the Greythorn Community Hub:
- Greythorn Maternal and Child Health provides free health and development checks, and information for new parents on health topics for children from birth to school ages. Find out more about this service on our Maternal and Child Health service page.
- Access Health and Community provides accessible health care services at the hub. Find out more on the Access Health and Community website.
- CamCare is a community organisation of professionals and volunteers helping people facing personal hardship or difficult life circumstances. Find out more on the CamCare website.
The following community services are available at the Greythorn Community Hub:
- Greythorn Library Lounge is a library branch with a collection of books, newspapers, and magazines for borrowing, plus computers, Wi-Fi and all the benefits of our library service. Find out more on our Greythorn Library Lounge hours and location page.
- Trentwood at the hub is a neighbourhood house where you can meet other locals, join a group, share a skill, hire a space and participate in activities. Find out more on the Trentwood at the hub website.
- North Balwyn RSL Sub-Branch is a sub-branch of the RSL that meets regularly at the hub and has memorabilia on display. Contact this branch through the RSL Victoria website.
Book a space
There are rooms available for hire at the Greythorn Community Hub within the Trentwood at the hub space. You can find out more or make a booking through the Room hire page on the Trentwood at the Hub website.
Parking is provided for cars and bikes in the Hub’s underground carpark and at street level. Parking is free with a 3-hour time limit. There are additional time-limited spaces on Trentwood Avenue. Bike parking is provided in the underground car park.
The Hub is a short walk from the Greythorn Shopping Centre bus stop at the corner of Doncaster Road and Trentwood Avenue, on bus routes 207 and 285.
Accessibility features at this space
- Accessible parking in the underground carpark
- Accessible and ambulant toilets
- Accessible shower facilities and adult change table
- Ramp and lift access
- Braille signage
- Hearing loop
- Baby change facilities
- Scooter and wheelchair recharge point.
Greythorn Community Hub project
The project was made possible through the generosity of the North Balwyn RSL Sub-Branch, which agreed to a long-term lease with Council for part of the site.
We also gratefully acknowledge the Australian Government’s $3.2 million contribution through the National Stronger Regions Fund.