The L2P Driving Program is a state-wide program that matches young learner drivers with a supervising driver mentor.
The program enables learner drivers to meet the 120 hours of driving practice required to obtain their probationary licence.
The program provides an opportunity for young people to interact with a positive adult role model during a critical period in their development.
The L2P Driving Program is delivered in partnership with TAC.
We will provide you with a safe vehicle and match you with one of our friendly volunteer mentors to help you get your 120 supervised driving hours.
To be eligible, you must:
- be between 16 and 21 years of age
- hold a current learner’s permit
- live in Boroondara
- not have access to a vehicle or supervising driver.
Mentors are volunteers who donate their time to supervise a young learner driver.
To become a L2P driving mentor, you must:
- have a full Victorian Driver license with a good driving record
- commit to 1 to 2 hours per week for 12 months
- undergo a Police Check, Driving History Check, Working With Children Check and a full day of mentor training.
How to get involved
To join the program as a learner driver, download the Learner driver application form.
To become a driving mentor, download the Mentor expression of interest form.
Return completed forms:
- via email to [email protected]
- by mail to Boroondara Youth, Private Bag 1, Camberwell Victoria 3124.