The Body Project Program
The Body Project Australia is a series of workshops where young people who identify as female aged 14-18 can come together and discuss the pressures faced by young people to conform to society’s appearance ideals. Meet peers in your community, talk openly and feel better about your body.
For more information contact:
Boroondara Youth Voice
Are you aged between 16-25 and want to be a voice for the Boroondara Community? Get involved with Boroondara Youth Voice and help the council shape services and programs around what really matters to young people.
We usually meet every couple of weeks at our Youth Hub: Level 1, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn.
A peer support program for young people who have a parent, sibling, or other adult with a mental illness.
Having a family member who is affected by a mental illness can be a confusing and isolating experience for young people. The SPACE4US program aims to build a sense of community, provide some respite and increase participants’ understanding of what their family member is experiencing.
The program’s objectives are to help young people:
- have fun
- increase knowledge of mental health and illness
- improve coping strategies and help-seeking behaviour
- improve the sense of connection to their peers, family and community
- provide opportunities to engage and support families and carers of participants.
Activities can include:
- self-care: mindfulness practices, art therapy, developing confidence in help seeking
- mental health promotion: developing more insight in to mental health and mental illness
- excursions/activities: laser tag, bowling, lunches and art workshops
To find out about the next 6 week SPACE4US program please:
This program is a joint partnership between St Vincent’s Hospital FAPMI - Families where parents have a mental illness program, Boroondara Youth Services and Villa Marie Catholic Homes.
Learn how to plan, run and take part in music, art and cultural events for young people in supervised and safe venues - that are drug, alcohol and smoke free.
Events include live music and cultural events, like the Boroondara Youth Film Festival and Battle of the Bands, with either booked tickets or tickets-on-the-door options.
To get involved:
- Join the FReeZa Committee to help plan events.
- Attend a FReeZa event and help support our young artists and event organisers. Check out our youth events and activities for current FReeZa events or visit the FReeZa Facebook page.
Be part of FReeZa
If you'd like to be part of FReeZa:
Play at a FReeZa event
We are always looking for new acts of all genres including acoustic and solo performers.
For more information, visit the FReeZa website.
Youth Reference Group
Get involved in the Youth Reference Group and help Council shape services and programs around what really matters to young people.
We usually meet every couple of weeks at our 360 Youth Resource Centre.
To join, contact Youth Services on 9278 4608 or email y[email protected]
Jump Start Your Future Program
Do you need support with education, training and employment? Boroondara Youth Services and Jobco are here to help you.
Drop in from 3pm to 5pm the first and last Tuesday of every month to see Kev who can help you Jump Start Your Future! He is here to help with job applications, resumes, education options and advice.
Sessions are held at Level 1, 360 Burwood Road Hawthorn.