Too busy to come to one of our workshops or training events?
We can bring a two-hour workshop to your business, at a time that suits you.
To help local businesses succeed, a key focus of these sessions is improving your online presence, with topics on offer including:
- Facebook for Business: marketing tips and tricks for tapping into the local market to help attract customers through your door.
- Instagram for Business: how to get started, running competitions and creating badges, and hear examples of businesses that use Instagram successfully.
- LinkedIn: make the most of LinkedIn as a business networking tool.
- SEO and Website Statistics: gain a better understanding of how many people visit your website and learn basic SEO techniques that you can implement yourself.
- Visual Merchandising: practical tips and tricks to create shop window displays that attract customers.
How to book
You need a minimum of 10 attendees to book a session (maximum 15).
If you have less than 10 attendees, or are a sole practitioner or home-based business, you can still register your interest to join a future group event.
To find out more or to book just contact our Economic Development team at [email protected] or call on 9278 4081.
For additional resources to support your business, see Marketing and business support.
What to bring
For sessions on making the most of social media, bring your phone or tablet with Facebook/Instagram installed so you can learn as you go.
Our presenter will look at ways to set up complementary social media activity between attendees, along with activities for the whole retail centre to support.
Host your own workshop
If you have a venue that can accommodate 10-15 people and are keen to host a session in your shopping centre or business, please call 9278 4081.
“I recently attended an Instagram session to learn about how I can better use Instagram in my small business,” said Lisa Luke of Rustic Heart in Surrey Hills.
“It was a fabulous two hours - I went with the attitude that if I just learnt one thing that night, that would be great for my Instagram page but I learnt so much more! It was a great session with valuable tips to grow my business page on Instagram.”
“It’s a really worthwhile initiative to hold business education in the local precinct - and such an informative session too,” said Jan Jacklin of Reunion Café, Surrey Hills.