Some of our services are closed or have different hours on the public holiday before the AFL Grand Final – Fri 29 Sept 2023

Riversdale Park is suitable for children's play, picnics, weddings and other celebrations.

The park features lush open grass areas, with a scattered variety of mature trees offering the perfect photo backdrop.

There is also an adventure playground conveniently located next to shaded seating and a covered barbecue area.

You can book a grass area in the park for your exclusive use.

We require between 5 full business days and 8 weeks' notice, depending on your booking.

You can apply to bring:

  • up to 30 chairs and 3 tables
  • a marquee or arbour covering up to 40 square metres.

You will need to provide other documents and permits if more than 100 people will be attending your event.

For more information about about notice periods, and what you can and can't bring to outdoor events at our venues, visit our Outdoor event requirements page.

For more information about this park, visit our Riversdale Park page.

Public facilities

  • Barbecue
  • Toilets
  • Seating and tables
  • Drinking fountain
  • Playground

Public facilities are free for all park visitors to use. They are not included as part of a booking.


Up to: 300 people

Parking and transport

The park is next to East Camberwell Tennis Club. There is parking off Spencer Road in front of the tennis club. The park is a short walk from Riversdale Station and the number 70 tram stop.

Booking times

7 days including public holidays.

April to October: 8 am to 6 pm.

November to March: 8 am to 8:30 pm.


View all bookable spaces

More information

Find out more about fees and bonds on our Fees for open space bookings page.

Visit our Outdoor event requirements page to learn about:

  • permitted and non-permitted items and activities
  • how much notice you need to give 
  • permits and documentation you may need.

For information about wedding bookings, visit our Weddings in our gardens page.

Terms and conditions

Before booking a space, please read our Terms and conditions of hire.

You will need to provide other documents and permits if you're hiring vendors such as food truck sellers or children's entertainers.

If a vendor is supplying any equipment, they need to provide public liability insurance.

Contact us

If you have any difficulties using our online booking portal, please contact us on (03) 9278 4444 or email [email protected].

Was this page helpful?