What we are proposing to sell
Council is proposing to sell the land adjoining 15 and 19 Gardiner Road, Hawthorn, which is shown hatched on the plan below (“the Land”). The Land is shown as Lot 1 on proposed plan of subdivision PS913924G and is currently in the certificate of title Volume 11569 Folio 141.
Council is proposing to sell the 54m2 section of land to the property owner of 19 Gardiner Road, Hawthorn at full market value for $124,740 inclusive of GST. This is in line with Council’s Discontinuance of Roads and Reserves Policy.
Conditions of sale
The purchaser must:
- pay Council’s costs related to the sale of the Land totalling $20,240.
- consolidate the title of the Land with the title for 19 Gardiner Road, Hawthorn within 12 months of the completion of the sale of the Land.
Have your say
Council is inviting submissions on this proposal to sell the Land. You can make a submission before Thursday 10 August 2023.
- post your submission to Chief Financial Officer, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
- email your submission to [email protected]
- provide your submission in person at the Council offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
In your submission, please quote reference no. 50/521/00516. You can also ask to appear at a Council or committee meeting in person or have someone represent you. Council will notify you of the date, time and place of the meeting once it is determined.
How we manage submissions and make our decision
We manage all submissions and personal information in line with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
We will consider all submissions in line with section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
After we have considered the submissions, we may decide to sell the Land, part of the Land, or not to sell the Land.
This notice is in line with section 114 of the Local Government Act 2020 and Council’s Community Engagement Policy.
If you have any queries, you can contact Stephanie Lim, Senior Property Advisor, on (03) 9278 4368.