Children’s Week from 21 to 29 October is a national celebration that advocates for the rights of children and recognises their ability to actively contribute to the world around them.
This year the focus of Children's Week is on children’s right to relax, play and take part in activities they enjoy.
Children’s Week activities are proudly presented by City of Boroondara in partnership with the Victorian Government.
Free activities around Boroondara include:
- a Play Day session at Kew Traffic School
- regular Sing Baby Sing, Tiny Tots and Storytime events at our libraries. Find out more on our Children's storytime and activities page.
- Emergency Services Family Fun Day
- 'Universally Repaired' exhibition at Hawthorn Arts Centre
- Children’s Week at the Craig Family Centre on Wednesday 25 October from 4: 30 pm to 6 pm
- Children’s Week at Greythorn Community Hub on Thursday 26 October from 10 am to 12 pm
- Brass band storytime at the Parkview Room, Camberwell, on Sunday 29 October from 11 am to 12 pm.
Children's Week activities
Services for parents
We run free events for parents on toilet training, and sleep and settling for babies and small children.
We also offer breastfeeding drop-in clinics and support groups for first-time parents and parents experiencing post-natal depression.
Find out more about our programs, events and support services on our Parenting groups, programs and information sessions page.
We provide free vaccinations for children. Find out which vaccines are recommended for babies and children on our Childhood immunisation page.