School crossing supervisors have a much-valued role in Boroondara. On an average school day in Boroondara, they help 9,266 pedestrians to cross the street while 74,426 motor vehicles use our roads during school crossing times.
We are always looking for school crossing supervisors.
If you are friendly, reliable and flexible, this role is for you.
What does a school crossing supervisor do?
This paid position gives you the opportunity to get involved in your community and improve road safety for children, people with a disability and the general public who use our 114 school crossings.
School crossing supervisors:
• work part-time Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 9 am and from 3 pm to 4 pm, during the school term
• play an important role in educating children with ‘Stop, Look and Listen’ instructions
• are responsible for reporting any road hazards or potential risks
• help to encourage active and independent travel.
We are looking for people aged 18 and older who:
• can attend shifts at short notice
• have their own reliable transport
• are able to work across several locations
• can complete the pre-employment medical and police checks.
You will have access to a full training program before starting your role.
How to apply
- Learn more about this rewarding role by reading the position description above.
- Submit an online application through our Careers website-external site.
- Attend an interview – meet with one of our Council Officers at Council, located at 8 Inglesby Road in Camberwell.
- Provide us with relevant employment documents – including your Working With Children Check, Police Check and evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Complete a medical assessment.
Apply to become a School Crossings Supervisor-external site
We are always recruiting new school crossing supervisors to help people to cross our roads safely at peak school times.
Call (03) 9278 4774 or email [email protected] for more information.