School crossing supervisors have a much-valued role in Boroondara. On an average school day, 9,266 pedestrians are escorted across a street or road in our municipality, and 74,426 motor vehicles use the roads during school crossing times.
If you are friendly, reliable and flexible, this role is for you.
What does a school crossing supervisor do?
This paid position gives you the opportunity to be part of our community and improve the safety of children, people with a disability and the general public who use our 114 school crossings.
School crossing supervisors:
- work part-time Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 9 am and 3 pm to 4 pm, during the school term
- play an important role in educating children with ‘Stop, Look and Listen’ instructions
- are responsible for reporting any road hazards or potential risks
- play a role in encouraging active and independent travel.
Anyone aged 18 or older can apply and must pass a medical and police check.
We are looking for people who:
- can attend shifts at short notice
- have their own reliable car
- are able to work across several locations.
You will have access to a full training program before starting your role.
Download the position description
How to apply
We are always seeking new school crossing supervisors to help students and other pedestrians cross roads safely at peak school times.
For more information about the role, visit our Career opportunities portal.