Strategic Objective 3
Provide a whole of Council response to reconciliation and enable the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples to inform Council decision making to support equitable and inclusive opportunities and participation in the community.
Focus areas for action
- Convene an internal Council advisory committee and stakeholder network to support implementation of the strategy
- Promote and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, volunteering and traineeship opportunities and ensure the organisation is culturally welcoming
- Support the procurement of goods and services from Victorian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses
- Contribute and support state-wide advocacy efforts in consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders to address health inequities and the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Ensure accessibility to Council services and activities to ensure they are inclusive and support the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples.