Our service promise to you
We aim to provide a helpful, friendly and efficient service to all our customers. We believe it is the role of every Council employee to ensure that our customers experience excellent levels of service and satisfaction. Our staff welcome the opportunity to help you.
This charter reflects our Council values: integrity, collaboration, accountability, innovation and respect.
Contacting your Council
Our goal is to provide you with prompt and efficient service by staff who are approachable and well informed.
- We will answer your calls promptly and, where we can, avoid transferring your call.
- Our correspondence will be clear, address all your issues and will include relevant contact details.
- We will make it easy for everyone to access our corporate information and community services.
- We offer interpreter and translation services in languages other than English and for people with a hearing or vision impairment.
- We provide an emergency after-hours service so that we can respond to urgent issues.
Our service standards
- We will answer your call on average within 45 seconds.
- We will return phone calls within 1 working day.
- We will respond to all enquiries by mail, email, online or fax within 10 working days of receipt.
Encouraging community involvement
Council understands the importance of providing opportunities for the community to be heard and involved in the decision-making process.
See Have your say for more information.
How to give us feedback
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and programs. If you can suggest ways we can do things better, please let us know. We highly value your comments.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, we will listen to your concerns and aim to resolve your enquiry fairly and efficiently. If we are unable to meet your expectations we will clearly explain why.
If you have received a decision from Council that you don't agree with or you have concerns about a particular Council process, you can request to review a decision or process.
How to make a formal complaint
To make a formal complaint, see make a complaint.