Applications for 2018 are now open. Check the full terms and conditions.
The Boroondara Farmers Market (BFM) is managed by the City of Boroondara in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Glenferrie (Rotary) who are the market day managers.
Important: The Boroondara Farmers Market is a Victorian Farmers Market Association (VFMA) accredited market and all stallholders must meet their criteria. Before applying to become a stallholder, you must:
- have a current VFMA accreditation
- comply with VFMA Rules of Association
- have current Public Liability Insurance
- be registered with Streatrader where applicable.
Terms and conditions
- You must have VFMA accreditation, up to date membership and comply with the VFMA Rules of Association.
- Fresh produce or food products offered for sale must:
- be grown and produced in Victoria, such as but not limited to, fruit and vegetables, fresh chicken, meats and fish smoked meats and fish, cheeses, honey, oils, bread etc;
- sold by the producer or a person connected to the producer who has a good knowledge of the product;
- not be genetically modified (GM-free); and
- be grown with the least possible use of chemicals.
Preference will be given to growers on this basis.
- Products such as jams, chutneys, sweets, cakes etc. made in Victoria with local ingredients must be sold by the manufacturer of those products.
- Selected products from outside Victoria such as coffee and teas must have had value added in Victoria, and must be sold by a person involved in that value adding.
Market day terms and conditions
- Information about the produce being sold must be available to customers at each stall. All prices must be clearly labelled.
- Packaging is to be minimised and recyclable packaging used where possible. Disposable cutlery and crockery must be bio-degradable.
- Stallholders must remove all rubbish generated by them at the end of the Market.
- Standard, grassed sites are approximately 3m X 4m and can hold a light vehicle and/or table and shelter. Special site requirements should be noted below and will be assessed by Market Management and dependent upon availability. A limited number of powered sites are available.
- In the event that Patterson Reserve is unavailable, the BFM will be relocated to the adjacent carpark at the absolute discretion of the BFM Committee
- Marquees are to be weighted appropriately.
- The fee for a standard site is $75 per market and must be paid in advance via direct electronic transfer to Rotary’s nominated bank account. If the stallholder elects to pay on the day, the fee is $85.
- Stall holders must arrive between 6.00am and 7.00am to set up their sites. Due to health and safety reasons, no stallholder is permitted to begin trading before 8am. Stall holders must not leave the market site prior to 1pm.
Apply to become a 2018 Stallholder
Existing stall holders
Existing stall holders must reapply each year. You can reapply for 2018 now.
New stall holders
Farmers Market stalls are always in high demand and are currently at capacity, however, the BFM Committee are always interested in receiving applications from potential stallholders.
Register your interest for future vacancies now.