- All libraries have meeting rooms with audiovisual equipment and basic kitchen facilities.
- Rooms can be booked from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week, except for public holidays.
- Rooms can be hired by any organisation or group, but not for parties or receptions.
- You don't need to be a member of the library to book.
All our libraries have rooms of different sizes that can be hired by commercial or community organisations and individuals.
All meeting rooms have audiovisual equipment and basic kitchen facilities.
Rooms and booking rates
Browse the rooms and view booking rates:
- Ashburton library meeting rooms
- Balwyn library meeting rooms
- Camberwell library meeting rooms
- Kew library meeting rooms
- Hawthorn library meeting rooms
Submit a booking request
If you know which room you would like to book you can submit a booking request:
Booking requests are answered during working hours Monday to Friday only. Requests may take up to 5 working days to process.
Fee payment is required before room access is provided. Payment by cash, EFTPOS or cheque is accepted. You may request an invoice for payment of the hire charge in advance.
Refunds are considered if the booking is cancelled within at least 24 hours’ notice.
Refer to the library room hire terms and conditions for more information.
Rooms are accessed by swipe cards or keys, which are collected in person during library opening hours within 48 hours of the date of the room booking.
At the end of the booking, the cards or keys must be returned to library staff or put in the library returns chute.
Audiovisual equipment with HDMI and VGA connections is available in all our meeting rooms. Basic instructions are provided in the room.
It's important that you familiarise yourself with the equipment as we can't provide technical assistance.
Other venues for hire
In addition to Library meeting rooms, there are many other venues for hire across the City: