Boroondara Library Service is a valued part of our community. It delivers a broad range of collections, programs, facilities and services that:
- are welcoming, accessible and inclusive
- inspire people of all ages to read, learn and grow
- create opportunities for people to connect, and engage, with their community.
Library Services Plan
The 'Boroondara Library Services Plan' builds on our Future Directions Plan 2004-2014, which delivered substantial achievements for the community’s library service.
Our plan has 5 themes, each of which has an action plan to ensure that what we offer is consistent with what our community tells us they need:
- Excellent collections that accord with community needs
- Community-focused library programs
- Welcoming, accessible library spaces
- High quality, effective technology
- Advocacy and sustainability.
If you have any queries about the plan, contact the Manager of Community Information and Libraries on 9278 4673.
Library Advisory Committee
The Boroondara Library Service Advisory Committee contributes to any service review that will have an impact on library users, and contributes ideas to improve services.
Its main functions are to:
- provide advice on library policy, service planning and development
- promote consultation and representation of community views in library policy, service planning and development
- provide an additional avenue for dissemination of information about the library service
- participate in working parties/forums and workshops on library issues.
The committee meets quarterly for about 2 hours.
Membership of the Committee is voluntary and consists of up to 12 members appointed for a four-year term via an Expression of Interest process. The committee is made up of:
- 3 councillors, appointed by Council, one of whom is chair of the Committee
- 5 community members who live, work or study in Boroondara and have relevant skills and experience and a passion for library services
- 3 Library Services representatives including the Manager of Community Information and Libraries
- 1 Community Planning and Development representative.
The current committee was appointed in 2017 and will be in place until early 2021.
If vacancies come up during the life of the Committee, Council officers will co-opt new members as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
For enquiries, please contact the Manager of Community Information and Libraries on 9278 4673.