Boroondara Library Service is a valued part of our community. It delivers a broad range of collections, programs, facilities and services that:
- are welcoming, accessible and inclusive
- inspire people of all ages to read, learn and grow
- create opportunities for people to connect, and engage, with their community.
Boroondara Library Service Plan
The Boroondara Library Service Plan 2020-2025 supersedes the previous Boroondara Library Service Plan adopted by Council on 10 December 2015.
The vision of the Boroondara Library Service is an inspirational Library Service where the community is central and everyone feels welcome.
There are 6 strategic objectives within the plan, there are:
- Community engagement and participation
- Buildings, facilities and spaces
- Innovation and technology
- Local and family history
- Programs, events and services
See the Strategic Objectives section on page 30 for more information on these 6 objectives.
If you have any queries about the plan, contact the Manager of Community Information and Libraries on 9278 4666.
Library Advisory Committee
The Boroondara Library Service Advisory Committee contributes to any service review that will have an impact on library users, and contributes ideas to improve services.
Its main functions are to:
- provide advice on library policy, service planning and development
- promote consultation and representation of community views in library policy, service planning and development
- provide an additional avenue for dissemination of information about the library service
- participate in working parties/forums and workshops on library issues.
The committee meets quarterly for about 2 hours.
Membership of the Committee is voluntary and consists of up to 12 members appointed for a four-year term via an Expression of Interest process. The committee is made up of:
- 3 councillors, appointed by Council, one of whom is chair of the Committee
- 5 community members who live, work or study in Boroondara and have relevant skills and experience and a passion for library services
- 3 Library Services representatives including the Manager of Community Information and Libraries
- one Community Planning and Development representative.
The current committee was appointed in 2017 and will be in place until early 2021.
If vacancies come up during the life of the Committee, Council officers will co-opt new members as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
For enquiries, please contact the Manager of Community Information and Libraries on 9278 4666.