If you're a secondary or tertiary student and want to get experience, skills and knowledge in a dynamic local government environment, apply for a short-term placement with us.
Our local government work experience placements help you:
- get real insight into a range of occupations at Council
- gauge your interest and abilities in a specialised local government area
- put coursework into a practical context
- develop interpersonal and technical skills
- become employment-ready.
Secondary level placements
We ordinarily accept work experience students from secondary schools through our structured Secondary Student Placement Program.
Due to current restrictions and working from home requirements we are unable to host these placements. This page will be updated once we can resume our program.
Tertiary level placements
If you are a tertiary student, you need to contact us to register your interest at least 6 weeks before the date you want to start your placement.
- Download and complete our Work experience request form.
- Attach a cover letter, your resume and any introductory letters from your TAFE, university or program.
- Submit your application by emailing [email protected] or mailing your application to People, Culture and Development, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
We'll contact you within 10 business days to let you know if a work experience placement is available and what you need to do next.
Important: City of Boroondara only accept applications for tertiary level placements if it is a requirement of the student's course work.
If you have professional skills you would like to develop further in a volunteer role, you could check out our Boroondara Volunteer Skills Bank. This program aims to match skilled volunteers with local community organisations who could use their expertise in a number of areas, including graphic design, PR, event management, web design and more.
Register your details to receive regular email alerts on current opportunities.
If you have any questions about work experience, email [email protected] or phone (03) 9278 4401.