We are seeking expressions of interest for opportunities to contribute to local art and culture.
Expression of interest: Town Hall Gallery collection advisory committee member
The City of Boroondara Town Hall Gallery Collection comprises items acquired by the former cities of Hawthorn, Kew and Camberwell, as well as the City of Boroondara. Currently, the Collection includes approximately 1,000 items under the categories Art Collection, History Collection, Local Government Collection and Public Art Collection.
The vision of the Town Hall Gallery Collection is to collect innovative, contemporary and historical art and artifacts that reflect Boroondara’s diverse community as well as art by significant Australian artists who have lived or worked in the municipality.
Applications are open for up to four new members of Council’s Town Hall Gallery Collection Advisory Committee. The Committee provides feedback to Council regarding the development and management of the Town Hall Gallery Collection.
To be eligible for the Committee, applicants must:
- Live, work or study in the City of Boroondara
- Have read and understood the Terms of Reference
- Be available to attend a minimum of 3 meetings in a calendar year.
Submit an application
To apply for membership of the committee, please complete the online Nomination Form by Monday 8 October 2018.
Applications close at 5:00PM on Monday 8 October 2018.
Applicants will be notified of their success or otherwise by end October 2018.
Application for membership will be assessed according to the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience in the arts and heritage community
- Demonstrated ability to support the role and function of the Committee as set out in the Terms of Reference
- Appointment of members will reflect varied perspectives of the arts and heritage community in accordance with the membership requirements.
For queries, email Jackie Gatt, Coordinator Community and Cultural Programming, or call 03 9278 4757.
Expression of interest: artist for signal boxes
Boroondara Arts is seeking an artist to transform eight signal boxes on Glenferrie Road, spanning Gardeners Creek in Hawthorn to Cotham Road in Kew, with an innovative Spring Racing Carnival theme design.
Submissions are welcome form individuals and groups with the intention of designing and painting eight signal boxes throughout October 2018, to be finalised in November 2018.
Submissions for the signal box artist opportunity close on Wednesday 3 October 2018.