Discovering leaves in your backyard, or using the Boroondara leaves template, create cut-out shapes with the milk bottles and paint them with acrylic paint. Once dry, scratch the paint away to make unique patterns. Design multiple leaves to create an impressive wall hanging.
Don’t forget to upload your artwork to Facebook and Instagram, using the hashtag #BoroondaraArtsWithYou.
- leaves (or Boroondara leaves template)
- plastic milk bottle
- permanent marker
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- ball point pen
- hole punch
- Go for a walk outside and collect five to ten different leaves and a straight stick.
- Gather your plastic milk bottle/s and cut out the flat sides panels.
- Place each leaf behind a panel and trace around it with a permanent marker.
- Take your scissors and cut the shape out.
- Paint one side of the shape with acrylic paint (tip: a dark colour works best).
- Once paint is dry, use the ball point pen to the paint and scratching off the paint to create unique patterns.
- Punch a hole in the top and hang from a stick. Repeat.