The Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award - Camberwell Art Show is awarded annually to an exhibitor at the Camberwell Art Show and recognises excellence in contemporary visual art.
The award celebrates and promotes local artists by providing a unique opportunity to exhibit works in the foyer of the Hawthorn Arts Centre. This non-acquisitive award will be judged by the Camberwell Art Show judging panel.
Entries close on Monday 13 May 2019.
To be eligible for the award an exhibitor must:
- be a current exhibitor in the Camberwell Art Show
- live or have a studio in the City of Boroondara.
Submit your entry
To be in contention for this award, enter the Camberwell Art Show.
The judging criteria for the winning artwork are:
- artistic innovation and originality
- technical skill.
The winner of the award will be offered:
- an exhibition of two-dimensional works in the foyer of at Hawthorn Arts Centre in the following calendar year. Timing for the exhibition will coincide with the annual Camberwell Rotary Art Show. The exact timing and duration of the exhibition will be negotiated with the artist
- professional curation and presentation to the same standards applied to exhibitions at the Town Hall Gallery
- professional curatorial advice, mentoring and career development from the Town Hall Gallery curatorial team
- exhibition promotion through City of Boroondara’s website and social media.
Sale of work
The artworks in the exhibition can be for sale at the artist’s discretion. The Town Hall Gallery will facilitate the sale of works and take 15% commission on sold works. The curatorial team will liaise with buyers to assist with collection of purchased works.
For information about awards, grants and other opportunities for local artists, contact Boroondara Arts on 9278 4770.
The winner of the 2018 Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award at the Camberwell Art Show was Mike Kowalski.
Visit his exhibition Closely Observed at Hawthorn Arts Centre, running between 14 May and 14 July 2019.