The Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award is awarded annually to an exhibitor at the Camberwell Art Show and recognises excellence in contemporary visual art.
The award celebrates and promotes local artists by providing a unique opportunity to exhibit works in the foyer of the Hawthorn Arts Centre. This non-acquisitive award will be judged by the Camberwell Art Show judging panel and the Town Hall Gallery curatorial team.
To be eligible for the award, you must:
- be a current exhibitor in the 2022 Camberwell Art Show
- live or have a studio in the City of Boroondara.
Submit your entry
To be in the running for this award, enter the 2022 Camberwell Art Show.
Entry details for artists will be announced soon.
The judging criteria for the winning artwork are:
- artistic innovation and originality
- technical skill.
The winner of the award will be offered:
- An exhibition of two-dimensional works in the foyer of Hawthorn Arts Centre in the following calendar year. Timing for the exhibition will coincide with the annual Camberwell Rotary Art Show. The exact timing and duration of the exhibition will be negotiated with the artist.
- Professional curation and presentation to the same standards applied to exhibitions at the Town Hall Gallery.
- Professional curatorial advice, mentoring and career development from the Town Hall Gallery curatorial team.
- Exhibition promotion through City of Boroondara’s website and social media.
Sale of work
The artworks in the exhibition can be for sale at the artist’s discretion. Town Hall Gallery will facilitate the sale of works through the Boroondara Arts Shop and take 15% commission on sold works. The curatorial team will liaise with buyers to assist with collection of purchased works.
The winner of the 2021 Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award at the Camberwell Art Show was Eileen van Bavel.
The winner of the 2020 Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award at the Camberwell Art Show was D.M. Ross.
The winner of the 2019 Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award at the Camberwell Art Show was Joe Blundell.