'All Aboard: Travel Through Time' is a Boroondara Arts collaborative community art project including over 400 grade 1 and 2 students from seven primary schools local to Maling Road.
Throughout term 2, students were guided by artist Ana Rita Pires to create individual work inspired by the evolution of transport. A collage composition of selected student work was included in a 40 metre temporary mural installed, which you can see at the laneway at 143 Maling Road, Canterbury from 14 July to 31 August 2021. The mural was designed by graphic artist Nicole van Dijk.
The theme of the artwork celebrates the history and evolution of Canterbury’s local railway system which is intrinsically linked to its community and built environment.
Enjoy the children’s artwork and stories inspired by trains past, present and future.
Thank you to the students and teachers from the following schools who contributed to this community artwork:
- Camberwell Primary School, Camberwell
- Canterbury Primary School, Canterbury
- Chatham Primary School, Surrey Hills
- Fintona Girls’ Junior School, Balwyn
- Our Holy Redeemer Primary, Surrey Hills
- Strathcona Girls Grammar Junior School, Canterbury
- St Dominic’s Primary School, Camberwell East.