Create a hidden artwork using wax. Your art will only be revealed once you paint over it.
Draw unique patterns on paper with old birthday candles. You will reveal them by painting over them with food dye. When they are dry, you can cut them into beautiful leaf shapes to create your very own tree. We have provided a template of leaves from some of Boroondara’s most significant trees.
- old candles
- paint brush
- scrap paper
- food colouring (or water colour paint)
- Boroondara leaves template.
- Draw patterns or marks with your candle on the piece of paper (it will be invisible).
- Using food colouring, paint the whole piece of paper. Allow to dry.
- Using the leaf template, trace and cut out leaf shapes.
- Create a collage artwork out of your different leaves.
- Don’t forget to upload your artwork to social media, using the hashtag #BoroondaraArtsWithYou.