Best Value reports are prepared in accordance with Section 208B of the Local Government Act 1989.
The six Best Value principles are:
- All services must meet quality and cost standards.
- All services must be responsive to the needs of the community.
- A service must be accessible to those members of the community for whom it is intended.
- A Council must achieve continuous improvement in the provision of services for its community.
- A Council must develop a program of regular consultation with its community in relation to the services it provides.
- A Council must report regularly to its community on its achievements in relation to Best Value.