About the course
This free Boroondara Sustainability Leadership Course gives participants the skills, knowledge, and confidence to become a true ‘local leader’ for a more environmentally sustainable Boroondara.
It includes 5 workshops delivered by Matt Wicking from Cloud Catcher.
The course covers:
- climate communication skills
- behaviour change theory
- community engagement techniques
- resourcing and financing projects.
This course responds to an action in our Climate Action Plan implementation plan to provide increased support for community leadership on climate action. Find out more about this on our Climate Action Plan page.
|Session 1||Welcome, introductions and course overview|
|Session 2||Sustainability leadership, Your future vision,
Life as a ‘change agent’
|Session 3||Climate communication skills|
|Session 4||Behaviour change, Community engagement|
|Session 5||Building your community, Resourcing and financing|
|Celebration event||Personal growth and future intentions|
Who the course is for
This course is best suited to people with existing connections in their community who want to deliver meaningful sustainability initiatives on a local level.
For example, people involved in:
- a local club, group or organisation (e.g. sporting club, seniors’ group, religious group)
- a school or childcare
- a volunteer organisation
- university clubs or societies
- local business
- service delivery organisations
- neighbourhood houses
- community centres.
Participants must also:
- live, work, or study in Boroondara
- commit to all 5 workshop sessions and a celebration event at the end of the course
- commit to doing the course homework (equivalent to 1 hour per week).
Community members with special or additional needs are encouraged to apply.