Volunteer Resource Centre
We encourage active participation in the life of the community by promoting, supporting and resourcing volunteering within the City of Boroondara and surrounding areas.
Please note volunteer referral interviews are by appointment so please call us on 9278 4550 to make a time to see us.
Hear from volunteer Dorothy Yiu who volunteers at the Chinese Cancer Society of Victoria.
Hear from some of our volunteers and volunteer organisations
We offer a comprehensive range of services that are free for both volunteers and managers of volunteers, including:
- volunteer referral interviews
- newsletters and email bulletins for both registered volunteers and member agencies
- a library, containing information and resources relevant to the volunteer sector
- information brochures
- assisting volunteers who are on special unemployment schemes
- training workshops for volunteers
- volunteer recognition events.
The Centre employs three staff and many volunteers also assist in the Centre.
If you are interested in voluntary work, contact us to make an appointment for a volunteer referral interview and we will help find suitable volunteer work for you in the community. Download the Volunteer Information Manual which provides comprehensive information on volunteering and the BVRC's services. Alternatively, to browse volunteer roles that are available through the BVRC, visit www.govolunteer.com.au and contact us to make an appointment:
Are you a not-for-profit organisation?
Membership of the BVRC is free and open to not-for-profit organisations that possess both public liability insurance and personal accident/injury insurance that specifically covers volunteers. We support our registered agencies in areas such as:
- development of volunteering programs
- promotional opportunities for member agencies, including the annual Boroondara Volunteer Expo held in March each year
- network meetings, confidential advice, information and support for managers of volunteers
- assisting with events and activities for volunteer recognition days
- providing training to managers of volunteers.
Download the Agency registration kit (185.6 kB) or contact us for a hard copy.
The centre coordinates regular agency network meetings for people who manage volunteers. These meetings provide an opportunity to discuss programs, share ideas and work through relevant issues with their peers.
- visit: Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
To find the BVRC, go to the main Council customer service reception desk and they will provide directions to our offices from there.
- postal address: Private Bag 1, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
- public transport: Tram 75 (Stop No. 43) and Driver Bus No. 612.
- email: BVRC
- phone: 9278 4550
- facebook: visit our Facebook page
- twitter: @BoroondaraVRC