Volunteer Resource Centre
We encourage active participation in the life of the community by promoting, supporting and resourcing volunteering within the City of Boroondara and surrounding areas.
Please note volunteer referral interviews are by appointment so please call us on 9278 4550 to make a time to see us.
12th Annual Boroondara Volunteer Expo
The 12th Annual Boroondara Volunteer Expo will be held on Wednesday 1 March 2017 from 1pm to 6pm at the Hawthorn Arts Centre. Find out how you can be involved in the Volunteer Expo here.
We offer a comprehensive range of services that are free for volunteers, including:
- volunteer referral interviews
- newsletters and email bulletins
- a library, containing information and resources relevant to the volunteer sector
- information brochures
- assisting volunteers who are on special unemployment schemes
- training workshops for volunteers
- volunteer recognition events.
If you are interested in voluntary work, contact us on 9278 4550 or email@example.com. You can also browse volunteer roles that are available through the BVRC, by visiting www.govolunteer.com.au.
The BVRC offers a free membership for not-for-profit organisations who engage or rely on volunteers. We have over 250 local member organisations that regularly access resources, support and networks.
How we can help your organisation
- Promoting your volunteer opportunities
- Referring prospective volunteers to your organisation
- Regular networking events
- Resources and information, including regular e-newsletters
- Free workshops for volunteers and volunteer managers
- Promotional opportunities for your organisation, including our annual Volunteer Expo and social media
Become a member of the BVRC
Become a member
Find a volunteer
Once you organisation has been registered as a BVRC member, we can help you find a volunteer to fulfil a role within your organisation.
Find a volunteer
Hear from volunteer Dorothy Yiu who volunteers at the Chinese Cancer Society of Victoria.
Hear from some of our volunteers and volunteer organisations
- visit: Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
To find the BVRC, go to the main Council customer service reception desk and they will provide directions to our offices from there.
- postal address: Private Bag 1, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
- public transport: Tram 75 (Stop No. 43) and Driver Bus No. 612.
- email: BVRC
- phone: 9278 4550
- facebook: visit our Facebook page
- twitter: @BoroondaraVRC