Council has introduced these measures to protect the community and staff from the risks associated with coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
All of the regular programs, competitions and events will be suspended during the closure.
The health and safety of our community and Council staff is our top priority and we believe this decision is in everyone’s best interest. We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you have any questions, please call the Recreation and Wellbeing team on 9278 4797.
About the centre
The Boroondara Tennis Centre is a public centre owned by Council and managed by Maher's Tennis Management Services.
The centre has 23 fully flood-lit outdoor courts for public hire 7 days per week. It is one of the largest tennis venues in Victoria with synthetic grass, synthetic clay and hard court surfaces.
The centre runs tennis programs, competitions and events to cater for players of every age and ability.
- 23 fully flood-lit courts - 16 synthetic grass courts, 4 cushioned hard courts, 2 synthetic clay courts and 1 European clay court
- Cafe area with indoor and outdoor seating
- Public changing rooms and shower facilities
- Onsite occasional childcare for clients 5 mornings a week
- Tournament box with PA system which is suitable for larger bookings
- Heated and powered courtside gazebos