Our sportsgrounds and halls are perfect for events, such as:
- birthday parties
- sports clinics
- corporate functions.
Step 1: Choose a venue
Refer to the list of sportsgrounds and sports facilities to see a list of venues, including the facilities available at each one.
Many of our sportsgrounds have public toilets and some halls have private toilets. You can request access to private toilets when you book (a fee may apply).
Step 2: Request a venue booking
You can submit your casual booking request for a sportsground or facility using our online booking system.
If it's your first time using the online system, you'll need to create an account with a user name and password.
Once you've created an account, you can view the availability of venues and submit your booking request.
- You can book a sportsground, a sportsground with a hall, or a hall.
- A hall is referred to as a pavilion when it is located next to a sportsground.
- Our sportsgrounds and halls are used by sporting clubs on weekends and weeknights, so availability may be limited during these times.
- During the changeover of summer and winter sports (March and September), we may not be able to accommodate your booking request at sporting venues.
For more information about hiring our sportsgrounds or halls, call Sports Services on 9278 4595.
Step 3: Booking notification
Once we've received your booking request, we'll notify you if the venue is available at the time you have chosen.
If the venue is not available, we'll let you know by email. You'll be invited back to the online booking system to request another day or time.
Step 4: Booking confirmation and fee payment
If the venue is available, we'll send you an email to confirm your booking, including an invoice for the fee.
You can pay the fee by:
- email Council your credit card details (using the form on your invoice)
- mail a cheque to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
Casual hire fees (valid until 30 June 2021)
|Sportsgrounds and Pavilions||$65 per hour|
|Deposit (refunded after the event, subject to a site inspection by Council)||$200|
Access to toilets and changerooms (request when you book)
|$65.50 per hour|
Step 5: Final booking confirmation
When we've received your payment, we'll send you a final email confirmation of your booking.
You can view the status of your application in your online account.
Step 6: Collect keys
If you have booked a hall or pavilion or have requested access to toilets, we'll send you instructions for collecting keys.
It's important that you contact us 1 week before your booking date to organise to pick up the keys from the Kew Depot.