The promoter of the #BoroondaraChristmas competition is the City of Boroondara, whose registered office is at 8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124.
By participating in this competition, the entrant indicates their agreement to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Participants must be Australian residents currently residing in Melbourne who have an existing Instagram account.
- All participants must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry to the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- Employees of the City of Boroondara and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
How to enter
- To enter the competition, participants must ‘Like’ a #BoroondaraChristmas post.
- Entries that are not posted in English will be ineligible to win a prize.
- Entries must be made by an already existing Instagram account at the date of the competition announcement.
- If the competition organiser deems an entrant to be made by a fake account or a bot, it withholds the right to disallow that entrant.
- Participants must ‘Like’ the relevant Instagram post between 26 November and 20 December 2018.
- Any entry received after the entry period will be ineligible to win a prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, misdirected or incomplete entries.
- The winner will be selected on Friday 21 December at the City of Boroondara.
- The 10 recipients of the $100 gift vouchers will be selected at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- The City of Boroondara reserves the right to select reserves in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- Prize recipients will be contacted via Instagram Direct Message by 4pm on Friday 21 December.
- If any prize recipients cannot be contacted or do not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner if one can be chosen and contacted.
- The participants who like the Instagram posts with #BoroondaraChristmas go in the running to win 1 x 10 $100 shopping vouchers.
- The total value of the prize pool is $1,000 (inclusive of GST).
- The entrant’s prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Transport, parking and any other costs associated with redeeming the prize are at the winner’s expense.
- The prize can be collected at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, VIC 3124 or it can be mailed via registered post to a postal address provided by the winner within 28 days after the draw.
- All prizes are subject to availability, non‐transferable and not exchangeable. All prizes/giveaways are non‐transferable. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter may, subject to State regulations, substitute a different prize of equivalent value in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions. The prize does not include any other costs of a personal nature not stated. This prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the recipient is unable to use it as stated.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The personal information requested as contact information to claim the prize is being collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the #BoroondaraChristmas Social Media Competition. The personal information will be used by the Promoter for that purpose. The personal information collected will not otherwise be disclosed unless permitted or required by law. If the information is not collected your entry to the #BoroondaraChristmas Social Media Competition may be ruled ineligible. Requests for access to and/or amendment of personal information should be made to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer.
Release and indemnity
- To the extent permitted by law, all participants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the promotion including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- Participants retain the copyright of any post or photo (‘works’) submitted.
- By entering the Competition, participants grant the Promoter permission to display and publish the works in digital, in print and online.
- By entering the Competition, participants indemnify the Promoter against all and any actions, claims or damages arising from any infringement of copyright by the participants that may be taken against the Promoter.
- All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Giveaway and/or redemption of the prizes are exercised at its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with participants or any other person will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected entry cards or for any technical malfunction of any communications network.
- There are no charges to enter the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at their discretion (a) to adjudicate on the eligibility of applicants; (b) to disqualify any participant where the Promoter reasonably suspects any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights; or (c) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole.
- Participants acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In participating in this promotion participants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.