Increasing the number of students walking, cycling, skating or scooting to school has a range of benefits for the whole school community, including:
- reducing traffic congestion around schools, leading to quieter and safer streets
- improving health and fitness
- increasing independence and encouraging social interaction
- connecting the school with the local community.
We offer a range of incentives and programs to encourage students to walk or ride their bike to school, including:
- cycling education workshops
- safe cycling activities for schools, including Bike Ed
- support to take part in Walk to School month
- support to take part in Ride 2 School Day
- Walk or Wheel Wednesday Term 2 Challenge
- Bike It Challenge - an annual Bike Ed event
We can also assist with advice and grant possibilities around bike parking.