The Boroondara Arts Encouragement Award - Camberwell Art Show is awarded annually to an exhibitor at the Camberwell Art Show and recognises excellence in contemporary visual art.
The award celebrates and promotes local artists by providing a unique opportunity to exhibit works in the foyer of the Hawthorn Arts Centre. The award is judged by the Camberwell Art Show judging panel.
To be eligible for the award, an exhibitor must be a current exhibitor in the Camberwell Art Show and live or have a studio in the City of Boroondara.
Entries for the 2018 award closed on Monday 11 June 2018
Judging and exhibition
The judging criteria for the winning artwork are:
- artistic innovation and originality
- technical skill.
In 2018, the winner of the award was offered:
- an exhibition of two-dimensional works in the foyer of at Hawthorn Arts Centre in the following calendar year.
- professional curation and presentation to the same standards applied to exhibitions at the Town Hall Gallery and Community Project Wall.
- professional curatorial advice, mentoring and career development from the Town Hall Gallery curatorial team.
- exhibition promotion through City of Boroondara’s website and social media.
Sale of work
The artworks in the exhibition can be for sale at the artist’s discretion. The Town Hall Gallery facilitates the sale of works and take 15% commission on sold works. The curatorial team will liaise with buyers to assist with collection of purchased works
For information about awards, grants and other opportunities for local artists, contact Boroondara Arts on 9278 4770.