About Amendment C341boro
Council is proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at 12-14 Tannock Street, Balwyn North to place a Heritage Overlay over the property on a permanent basis.
Current status (April 2020)
At its meeting on 12 April 2021, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) resolved to:
- Receive and note the submissions to Amendment C341boro (Attachment 1) to the Boroondara Planning Scheme in accordance with Section 22 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Endorse the officers’ response to submissions and recommended changes to Amendment C341boro as shown at Attachment 1.
- Request the Minister for Planning appoint a Planning Panel under Section 153 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to consider all submissions to Amendment C341boro.
- Refer the amendment and all submissions to a Planning Panel in accordance with Section 23(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Authorise the Director Urban Living to undertake administrative changes to Amendment C341boro that do not change the intent of the amendment prior to the Panel Hearing.
You can access a copy of the UPSC report here.
In accordance with this resolution, Council has written to the Minister for Planning requesting appointment of an independent Panel to consider the submissions. Council is now awaiting the appointment of the Panel.
The Panel Directions Hearing has been scheduled for the week commencing 10 May 2021. The purpose of the Directions Hearing is to clarify administrative and procedural matters of the Panel Hearing.
The Panel Hearing at which the independent Panel will consider submissions has been scheduled for the week commencing 14 June 2021. Please note that these dates are only preliminary dates and are subject to change.
The panel hearing process is organised by Planning Panels Victoria who will write to all submitters to participate in the Panel Hearing process. As a submitter you will have the opportunity to appear before the Panel in support of your submission. You can provide further written submissions to the independent Panel, if you are unable to attend.
If you have any questions regarding the Panel process:
Following the panel hearing, the independent Panel will prepare a report for consideration by Council. Council must make this report publically available within 28 days of receipt.
Council officers will review the Panel report and prepare a report for consideration by the UPSC with recommendations. Council is not required to accept the Panel’s recommendations and may resolve to make different or additional changes to the amendment.
For more information contact Nick Brennan, Senior Strategic Planner:
- phone: 9278 4535
- email: [email protected]
Amendment C341boro - Explanatory Report [PDF, 129KB]
Amendment C341boro - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 141KB]
Amendment C341boro - Exhibition Map HO 5 [PDF, 225KB]