Amendment C337boro proposes to implement the recommendations of the City of Boroondara Municipal-Wide Heritage Gap Study Volume 8: Ashburton to introduce the Heritage Overlay to 9 individually significant places and one heritage precinct on a permanent basis.
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts:
- Home Farm Estate and Environs Precinct (HO918) [PDF, 410KB]
- 3-7 Ashburn Grove, Ashburton, Ashburton Uniting Church (HO919) [PDF, 406KB]
- 9 Donald Street, Ashburton (HO920) [PDF, 434KB]
- 10A Fakenham Road, Ashburton, Ashburton Primary School (HO921) [PDF, 653KB]
- 268 High Street, Ashburton, St Michael's Parish Hall (HO922) [PDF,564KB]
- 270 High Street, Ashburton, St Michael's Memorial Church (HO923) [PDF, 576KB]
- 1 Keyes Street, Ashburton (HO924) [PDF, 502KB]
- 10 Marquis Street, Ashburton (HO925) [PDF, 464KB]
- 7 Vears Road, Ashburton (HO926) [PDF, 347KB]
- 45 Yuile Street, Ashburton (HO927) [PDF, 476KB]
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay under the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (April 2020)
Exhibition - Have your say
Amendment C337boro is currently on public exhibition and you now have the opportunity to provide feedback to Council on the proposed changes.
Submissions must be made in writing and received by Monday, 7 June 2021.
You can lodge a submission:
You can submit your feedback using an online form:
Please note that all submissions will be treated as public documents and may be viewed by third parties.
Please carefully read the privacy statement below before completing the online form.
You can also mail your feedback to us:
Boroondara City Council
Strategic and Statutory Planning Department
Private Bag 1
CAMBERWELL VIC 3124
- download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below
- visit the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website.
- view a hard copy of all the amendment and supporting information at the Camberwell or Ashburton Public Libraries.
Once the public exhibition process is complete, Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC).
The UPDC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions.
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration.
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved.
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPDC in September 2021.
About Amendment C338boro (Interim Heritage Overlays)
Under delegation from the Minister for Planning, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) approved and gazetted Amendment C338boro on 29 January 2021. The amendment applies interim Heritage Overlays to places recommended in the Ashburton Heritage Gap Study. The interim controls are due to expire on 31 January 2022.
As the interim Heritage Overlays have been introduced, any proposals for demolition and other buildings and works may require a planning permit.
For more information about this amendment, please visit the DELWP C338boro page.
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C340boro in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until two months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989 be available to the public for an extended period. The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C340boro and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer. You may choose to respond anonymously, however Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
For more information please contact, Robert Costello, Senior Project Planner:
- Phone: 9278 4537
- Email: [email protected]
Amendment C337boro - Explanatory Report [PDF, 420KB]
Amendment C337boro - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 124KB]
Amendment C337boro - HO Map18 - Exhibition [PDF, 280KB]
Amendment C337boro - HO Maps 16, 17, 19 - Exhibition [PDF, 251KB]