About Amendment C333boro
Amendment C333boro proposes to implement the recommendations of the Glen Iris Heritage Gap Study to include 15 individual heritage places and 4 heritage precincts in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis.
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts.
- 14 Alfred Road, Glen Iris (HO894)
- 29 Alfred Road, Glen Iris (HO902)
- 2 Allison Avenue, Glen Iris (HO903)
- 55 Bath Road, Glen Iris (HO899)
- 22 Bourne Road, Glen Iris (HO892)
- 44 Denman Avenue, Glen Iris (HO898)
- 118 Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris (HO897)
- 170 Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris (Glen Iris Primary School No. 1148 (HO896)
- 100-108 High Street, Glen Iris (St. Oswald’s Anglican Church Complex (HO904)
- 4 Peate Avenue, Glen Iris (Camberwell South Primary School No. 4170 (HO893)
- 39 Peate Avenue, Glen Iris (HO891)
- 26 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (HO907)
- 29 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (Former Summerhill Road Methodist Church) (HO906)
- 148 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (HO900)
- 3 Valley Parade, Glen Iris (HO909)
- Glen Iris Heights and Cherry’s Hill Estates precinct (HO895)
- Mont Iris Estate and Environs precinct (HO901)
- Summerhill Estate precinct (HO905)
- Violet Farm Estate precinct (HO908)
Current status (November 2021)
On 6 September 2021, UPDC resolved to refer all submissions to an independent Panel. The meeting agenda, minutes and video recording is available to view at UPDC Meeting - 6 September 2021.
Due to COVID-19 and the associated physical distancing requirements, a Directions Hearing for Boroondara Planning Scheme Amendment C333boro was held by video conference on Tuesday 26 October 2021.
The Main Hearing is scheduled to commence by video conference on Monday 29 November 2021.
Parties to the Hearing have been contacted regarding these arrangements. The Panel will hear this matter in an open forum, consistent with its obligation to conduct hearings in public.
To watch the proceedings, you can access the Hearing using the link below. If you have any questions, please contact Planning Panels Victoria at [email protected]
Please be advised that the Hearing must not be recorded in any part or in any way without permission from the Panel. This includes audio and video recording.
For more information, contact Alannah O’Brien, Strategic Planner
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C333boro in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until 2 months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council, which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989, be available to the public for an extended period.
The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C333boro and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer (9278 4444).
You may choose to respond anonymously, however, Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
Glen Iris Heritage Gap Study – revised 15-10-2020 (PDF, 26.4MB)
This document contains tracked changes. These changes relate to officers' post-exhibition recommendations.