About Amendment C333boro
Amendment C333boro proposes to implement the recommendations of the Glen Iris Heritage Gap Study to include 15 individual heritage places and 4 heritage precincts in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis.
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts.
- 14 Alfred Road, Glen Iris (HO894)
- 29 Alfred Road, Glen Iris (HO902)
- 2 Allison Avenue, Glen Iris (HO903)
- 55 Bath Road, Glen Iris (HO899)
- 22 Bourne Road, Glen Iris (HO892)
- 44 Denman Avenue, Glen Iris (HO898)
- 118 Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris (HO897)
- 170 Glen Iris Road, Glen Iris (Glen Iris Primary School No. 1148 (HO896)
- 100-108 High Street, Glen Iris (St. Oswald’s Anglican Church Complex (HO904)
- 4 Peate Avenue, Glen Iris (Camberwell South Primary School No. 4170 (HO893)
- 39 Peate Avenue, Glen Iris (HO891)
- 26 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (HO907)
- 29 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (Former Summerhill Road Methodist Church) (HO906)
- 148 Summerhill Road, Glen Iris (HO900)
- 3 Valley Parade, Glen Iris (HO909)
- Glen Iris Heights and Cherry’s Hill Estates precinct (HO895)
- Mont Iris Estate and Environs precinct (HO901)
- Summerhill Estate precinct (HO905)
- Violet Farm Estate precinct (HO908)
Current status (May 2022)
On 2 May 2022, the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC) considered the independent Panel’s report and resolved to:
- Receive and acknowledge the Panel’s report and recommendations, as shown at Attachment 1, in accordance with Section 27(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Endorse the officers’ response to the Panel’s recommendations and recommended changes to Amendment C333boro to the Boroondara Planning Scheme, as shown at Attachment 2.
- Split Amendment C333boro into two parts:
- Part 1 relating to the proposed Mon Iris Estate and Environs Precinct
- Part 2 relating to all individually significant properties, the Summerhill Estate Precinct, the Glen Iris Heights and Cherry’s Hill Precinct and the Violet Farm Estate Precinct.
- Adopt the revised Glen Iris Heritage Gap Study as shown at Attachment 4.
- Refer Amendment C333boro Part 1 to an Ordinary Meeting of Council recommending that it be abandoned in accordance with Section 28 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Refer the updated Amendment C333boro Part 2 to an Ordinary Meeting of Council to be adopted in accordance with Section 29(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Authorise the Director Urban Living to undertake administrative changes to the amendment and associated planning controls that do not change the intent of the controls.
- Immediately commence the further heritage assessment of the Mont Iris Estate and Environs Precinct, broadly focussing on but not limited to, High Street, Munro Avenue, Tower Hill Road and Hilltop Avenue to determine whether one or more smaller precincts and any individually significant properties can be identified as meeting the threshold for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay. The review should be completed within 4 months (subject to heritage consultant engagement and capacity).
- Request retention of the current interim Heritage Overlay over the Mont Iris Estate from the Minister for Planning.
- Upon completion of heritage assessments of the Mont Iris Estate and Environs Precinct, write to the Minister for Planning to request:
- Authorisation to prepare an amendment(s) to the Boroondara Planning Scheme in accordance with Section 4B and 8A(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to apply the Heritage Overlay to identified properties.
- The removal of the interim Heritage Overlay from properties not part of the new precinct(s) or not identified for individual significance.
- Write to all property owners to notify of the outcomes of the review and whether their property is identified for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay as part of a new precinct or as an individually significant place.
- Following receipt of authorisation from the Minister for Planning, exhibit the amendment in accordance with Section 19 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
You can view and download a copy of the UPDC report [PDF 84MB].
Amendment C333boro Part 1 and Part 2 will now be considered at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 23 May 2022. Council will decide whether to accept the UPDC’s recommendation to abandon Part 1 (relating to Mont Iris Estate and Environs Precinct) and adopt Part 2 (relating to all individually significant properties and three precincts.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers have been invited to the Council meeting.
For more information, contact Strategic Planning on:
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C333boro in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until 2 months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council, which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989, be available to the public for an extended period.
The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C333boro and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer ((03) 9278 4444).
You may choose to respond anonymously, however, Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
Amendment C333boro – Exhibition Map HO 16 (HO891, HO893) (PDF, 239KB)
This document contains tracked changes. These changes relate to officers' post-exhibition recommendations.