Amendment C306 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study to include 10 individual heritage places and 3 heritage precincts in the Heritage Overlay to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (May 2019)
Public exhibition of Amendment C306 closed on Friday 3 May 2019.
Once the public exhibition process is complete, Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC).
The UPSC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPSC in July 2019.
Please note that all submissions will be treated as public documents and may be viewed by third parties.
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until two months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989 be available to the public for an extended period.
The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer.
You may choose to respond anonymously, however Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
About Amendment C306
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts:
- 1417 Burke Road, Kew East (HO828)
- 22 Elm Grove, Kew East (HO829)
- 5 Fairway Drive, Kew East (HO830)
- 54-58 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO831)
- 104 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO832)
- 35 Kitchener Street, Kew East (HO833)
- 117 Normanby Road, Kew East (HO834)
- 142-142A Normanby Road, Kew East (HO835)
- 53 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO836)
- 63 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO837)
- Boulevard Estate and Environs Precinct (HO838)
- Harp Village Commercial Precinct (HO839)
- Windella Avenue and Environs Precinct (HO840)
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay under the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
For more information contact Robert Costello, Senior Project Planner:
- phone: 9278 4537
- email: [email protected]
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB]
Amendment C306 - Explanatory Report [PDF, 165KB]
Amendment C306 - Notice of Preparation of Amendment [PDF, 109KB]
Amendment C306 - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 122KB]
Amendment C306 - Exhibition Map HO 3 & 8 [PDF, 526KB]