Amendment C306 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study to include 10 individual heritage places and 3 heritage precincts in the Heritage Overlay to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (August 2019)
At its meeting on 19 August 2019 the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) resolved to:
- Receive and note the submissions to Amendment C306 (Attachment 1) to the Boroondara Planning Scheme and the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study in accordance with Section 22 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Endorse the officers’ response to submissions and recommended changes to Amendment C306 and the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study as shown at Attachments 1 and 2.
- Request the Minister for Planning appoint a Planning Panel under Section 153 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to consider unresolved submissions to Amendment C306.
- Refer Amendment C306 and unresolved submissions to a Planning Panel in accordance with Section 23(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Authorise the Director City Planning to undertake administrative changes to Amendment C306 that do not change the intent of the amendment prior to a Panel Hearing.
You can access a copy of the UPSC report.
In accordance with this resolution, Council has written to the Minister for Planning requesting appointment of an independent Panel to consider the submissions. Council is now awaiting the appointment of the Panel.
The Panel Directions Hearing has been scheduled for the week commencing 30 September 2019. The purpose of the Directions Hearing is to clarify administrative and procedural matters of the Panel Hearing.
The Panel Hearing at which the independent Panel will consider submissions has been scheduled for the week commencing 18 November 2019. Please note that these dates are only preliminary dates and may be subject to change.
The panel hearing process is organised by Planning Panels Victoria who will write to all submitters to participate in the Panel Hearing process. As a submitter you will have the opportunity to appear before the Panel in support of your submission. You can provide further written submissions to the independent Panel, if you are unable to attend.
Following the panel hearing, the independent Panel will prepare a report for consideration by Council. Council must make this report publically available within 28 days of receiving it.
Council officers will review the Panel report and prepare a report for consideration by the UPSC with recommendations. Council does not need to accept the Panel’s recommendations and may resolve to make additional changes to the amendment.
About Amendment C306
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts:
- 1417 Burke Road, Kew East (HO828)
- 22 Elm Grove, Kew East (HO829)
- 5 Fairway Drive, Kew East (HO830)
- 54-58 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO831)
- 104 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO832)
- 35 Kitchener Street, Kew East (HO833)
- 117 Normanby Road, Kew East (HO834)
- 142-142A Normanby Road, Kew East (HO835)
- 53 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO836)
- 63 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO837)
- Boulevard Estate and Environs Precinct (HO838)
- Harp Village Commercial Precinct (HO839)
- Windella Avenue and Environs Precinct (HO840)
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay under the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
For more information contact Robert Costello, Senior Project Planner:
- phone: 9278 4537
- email: [email protected]
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until two months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989 be available to the public for an extended period.
The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer.
You may choose to respond anonymously, however Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB]
Amendment C306 - Explanatory Report [PDF, 165KB]
Amendment C306 - Notice of Preparation of Amendment [PDF, 109KB]
Amendment C306 - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 122KB]
Amendment C306 - Exhibition Map HO 3 & 8 [PDF, 526KB]