Amendment C306 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study to include 10 individual heritage places and 3 heritage precincts in the Heritage Overlay to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (September 2020)
Consideration of Panel report by UPSC
On 17 August 2020, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) considered the independent Panel’s report and resolved to:
- Receive and acknowledge the Panel’s report and recommendations, as shown at Attachment 1, in accordance with Section 27(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Endorse the officers’ response to the Panel’s recommendations and recommended changes to Amendment C306boro to the Boroondara Planning Scheme, as shown at Attachment 2.
- Adopt the revised Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study as shown at Attachment 4.
- Delete 13 Strathalbyn Street, Kew East from Amendment C306boro.
- Write to the Minister for Planning to request authorisation to prepare and exhibit an amendment to the Boroondara Planning Scheme in accordance with Sections 4B, 8A, and 20(2) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to include 13 Strathalbyn Street, Kew East in the Heritage Overlay.
- Following receipt of Authorisation from the Minister for Planning, exhibit the amendment in accordance with directions issued by the Minister for Planning or his delegate.
- Write to the Minister for Planning to request that he prepare, adopt and approve an amendment to the Boroondara Planning Scheme under Section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to introduce an interim heritage control to 13 Strathalbyn Street, Kew East on the basis of the recommendation to include the property in the Heritage Overlay in the Kew East and Mont Albert Heritage Gap Study.
- Refer the updated Amendment C306boro to an Ordinary Meeting of Council to be adopted in accordance with Section 29(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Authorise the Director City Planning to undertake administrative changes to the amendment and associated planning controls that do not change the intent of the controls.
Access a copy of the UPSC report.
Amendment C306boro will now be considered at the Council Meeting on 21 September 2020.
Council will decide whether to accept the UPSC’s recommendation to adopt Amendment C306boro with or without any changes.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will receive a written invitation to the Council meeting.
About Amendment C306
The amendment affects land at the following properties and precincts:
- 1417 Burke Road, Kew East (HO828)
- 22 Elm Grove, Kew East (HO829)
- 5 Fairway Drive, Kew East (HO830)
- 54-58 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO831)
- 104 Kilby Road, Kew East (HO832)
- 35 Kitchener Street, Kew East (HO833)
- 117 Normanby Road, Kew East (HO834)
- 142-142A Normanby Road, Kew East (HO835)
- 53 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO836)
- 63 Windella Avenue, Kew East (HO837)
- Boulevard Estate and Environs Precinct (HO838)
- Harp Village Commercial Precinct (HO839)
- Windella Avenue and Environs Precinct (HO840)
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay under the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
For more information contact Robert Costello, Senior Project Planner:
- phone: 9278 4537
- email: [email protected]
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until two months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989 be available to the public for an extended period. The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C306 and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer.
Amendment C306 - Panel Report [PDF, 2.6MB]
Amendment C306 - Panel Hearing Timetable [PDF, 240KB]
Amendment C306 - Part A Submission - Council [PDF,5.2MB]
Amendment C306 - Expert Evidence - Context Pty Ltd [PDF, 5.3MB]
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB]
Amendment C306 - Explanatory Report [PDF, 165KB]
Amendment C306 - Notice of Preparation of Amendment [PDF, 109KB]
Amendment C306 - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 122KB]
Amendment C306 - Exhibition Map HO 3 & 8 [PDF, 526KB]