Important notice (March 2020)
As part of Council’s response to the current COVID-19 situation, Council is currently unable to schedule a report for consideration of Amendment C305boro - MLC Heritage Study at a meeting of the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) to progress the amendment.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will have the opportunity to address the UPSC in support of their submission and any Council officer recommendations. These people will receive a written invitation 10 days prior to the meeting advising of the opportunity to attend when Council is in a position to resume UPSC meetings again.
At a future meeting the UPSC will decide whether to:
- Adopt the amendment as recommended by the Panel and/or officers.
- Refer Amendment C305 to an Ordinary Council Meeting with a recommendation to adopt the amendment (with or without further changes); or
- Refer Amendment C305 to an Ordinary Council Meeting with a recommendation to abandon the amendment.
You can download a copy of the Amendment C305boro - Panel Report [PDF, 1.5MB]
Amendment C305boro proposes to implement the recommendations of the Methodist Ladies’ College Heritage Citation (adopted 20 August 2018) by introducing the Heritage Overlay HO795 on a permanent basis to the following buildings and elements within Methodist Ladies’ College:
Significant buildings and elements, including views to their principal elevations:
- Tiddeman Boarding House/The Residence of 1881-85
- Fountain of 1885
- ‘Wentworth’ (Art House) of 1889 and fence (built as a private residence)
- Red House, Federation Queen Anne House (formerly 231 Barkers Road) of 1901 (built as a private residence)
- Fitchett Hall of 1917
- Krome Memorial Gates & Fence of 1923
- Nicholas House (Language Centre) of 1926
- Boarding House Wings & Boarders’ Dining Room of 1938-39
- Nurses’ Memorial Assembly Hall of 1957
- Fitchett Chapel of 1959
- R.A.W. Woodgate Resource Centre of 1974
Contributory building and elements, including views to their principal elevations:
- Nicholas Wing (Nicholas Building) of 1939
- Path layout from the corner entrance to the east wing of Tiddeman Boarding House/The Residence
- Two mature Elms at entrance of the school, Algerian Oak (boundary of Barkers Road) and English Oak (boundary of Glenferrie Road) and Atlantic Cedar in front gardens, all of the nineteenth century
- Fence and gates of ‘Crom’ at Centenary Building, northern section (of c1890-91) only
Amendment C305boro - Panel Report [PDF, 1.5MB]
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB ]
Amendment C305boro Panel Hearing timetable [PDF, 292KB ]