Amendment C305boro proposes to implement the recommendations of the Methodist Ladies’ College Heritage Citation (adopted 20 August 2018) by introducing the Heritage Overlay HO795 on a permanent basis to the following buildings and elements within Methodist Ladies’ College:
Significant buildings and elements, including views to their principal elevations:
- Tiddeman Boarding House/The Residence of 1881-85
- Fountain of 1885
- ‘Wentworth’ (Art House) of 1889 and fence (built as a private residence)
- Red House, Federation Queen Anne House (formerly 231 Barkers Road) of 1901 (built as a private residence)
- Fitchett Hall of 1917
- Krome Memorial Gates & Fence of 1923
- Nicholas House (Language Centre) of 1926
- Boarding House Wings & Boarders’ Dining Room of 1938-39
- Nurses’ Memorial Assembly Hall of 1957
- Fitchett Chapel of 1959
- R.A.W. Woodgate Resource Centre of 1974
Contributory building and elements, including views to their principal elevations:
- Nicholas Wing (Nicholas Building) of 1939
- Path layout from the corner entrance to the east wing of Tiddeman Boarding House/The Residence
- Two mature Elms at entrance of the school, Algerian Oak (boundary of Barkers Road) and English Oak (boundary of Glenferrie Road) and Atlantic Cedar in front gardens, all of the nineteenth century
- Fence and gates of ‘Crom’ at Centenary Building, northern section (of c1890-91) only
Current status (April 2019)
Amendment C305boro was on public exhibition from 28 February to 5 April 2019.
Public exhibition is now closed.
Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC).
The UPSC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions.
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration.
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved.
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPSC in late 2019.
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB ]
Amendment C305boro - Explanatory Report [PDF, 141KB]
Amendment C305boro - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 110KB]
Amendment C305boro - Exhibition Maps HO 7 [PDF, 514KB]