The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew Heritage Gap Study to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
After careful consideration of the evolving situation involving COVID-19, Council has decided to defer the consideration of the officer report on Amendment C294 - Kew Heritage Gap Study, until further notice. The report was due to be considered at the UPSC Meeting on 23 March 2020 (refer to below).
The matter will be considered at a future UPSC Meeting and you will receive a written invite 10 days prior to the meeting advising of the opportunity to attend.
You can download a copy of the officer report here: 3.2 Kew Heritage Gap Study - Amendment C294 - Consideration of Panel Report (PDF, 39.7 MB)
At a future meeting the UPSC will decide whether to:
- Adopt the amendment as recommended by the Panel and/or officers.
- Refer Amendment C294 to an Ordinary Council Meeting with a recommendation to adopt the amendment (with or without further changes); or
- Refer Amendment C294 to an Ordinary Council Meeting with a recommendation to abandon the amendment.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will have the opportunity to address the UPSC in support of their submission and any Council officer recommendations.
Interim Heritage Overlay Extended
The interim Heritage Overlay introduced on 19 May 2019 have been extended (by Amendment C328boro) and now expire on 12 March 2021.
As the interim Heritage Overlays have been introduced, any proposals for demolition and other buildings and works may require a planning permit.
About Amendment C294
The amendment proposes to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme. An interim Heritage Overlay has been applied to all properties recommended for protection in the Study.
The amendment affects land at the following precincts and properties.
New heritage precincts
- Bradford Estate Precinct (HO798)
- Banool Estate Precinct (HO799)
- Burke Road Commercial Precinct (HO800)
- Clifton Estate Residential Precinct (HO801) (recommended to be removed)
- Cotham Village Commercial Precinct (HO802)
- Goldthorns Hill and Environs Precinct (HO803) (recommended to be removed)
- Iona Estate Residential Precinct (HO804)
- May Street Precinct (HO805)
- Thornton Estate Residential Precinct (HO806)
Individual heritage places
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO807)
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO808)
- 315 Barkers Road, Kew (HO809)
- 1139-1141 Burke Road, Kew (HO810)
- 301 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO811)
- 230 Cotham Road, Kew (HO812)
- 264 Cotham Road, Kew (HO813)
- 370-376 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO815)
- 4 Edgecombe Street, Kew (HO816)
- 59 Pakington Street, Kew (HO817)
- 20 Peel Street, Kew (HO818)
- 3 Perry Court, Kew (HO819)
- 25 Queen Street, Kew (HO820)
- 13 Raheen Drive, Kew (HO821)
- 6 Reeves Court, Kew (HO822)
- 35 to 37 Rowland Street, Kew (HO823)
- 28 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO824)
- 71 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO825)
- 96 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO826)
- 31 Studley Park Road, Kew (HO827)
Extensions to existing heritage precincts
- Barry Street Precinct (HO143)
- Barrington Avenue Precinct (HO142)
- Sackville Street Precinct (HO162)
- Glenferrie Road Precinct (HO150)
- Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Precinct (HO520)
- High Street South Residential Precinct (HO527)
For more information contact Christian Wilmsen, Team Leader Strategic Planning:
- Email: [email protected]
- Amendment C294 - Panel Report [PDF, 30.4MB]