The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew Heritage Gap Study to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (February 2019)
Exhibition - have your say
Amendment C294 is currently on public exhibition and you now have the opportunity to provide feedback to Council on the proposed changes.
Submissions must be made in writing and received by Monday 25 March 2019.
You can lodge a submission the following ways:
- Online form
- Mail: Boroondara City Council, Strategic Planning Department, Amendment C294, Private Bag 1, CAMBERWELL VIC 3124
Please note that all submissions will be treated as public documents and may be viewed by third parties. Please carefully read the privacy statement before completing the online form.
Council will collect the information in your submission to transparently carry out Planning Scheme Amendment C294 in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Act). The personal information will be used by Council for that primary purpose or directly related purposes such as contacting you about the project. Council must make a copy of all submissions available for any person to inspect free of charge until two months after completion of the amendment process in accordance with Section 21 of the Act. Submissions will be disclosed in full to Council's consultants (if applicable) who will make recommendations to Council regarding the submissions. Council and the State Government may also publish submissions on their websites, provide copies of submissions, and make publicly available lists of submissions during this period. Submissions may be disclosed in a report to Council which will by virtue of the Local Government Act 1989 be available to the public for an extended period.
The submitter understands that the personal information provided is for the purpose of transparently carrying out Planning Scheme Amendment C294 and that he or she may apply to Council for access to and/or amendment of the information. Requests for access and/or correction should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer.
You may choose to respond anonymously, however Council will then be unable to contact you regarding the project.
For more information
- Download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below.
- Visit the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website.
- View a hard copy of all the amendment and supporting information at the City of Boroondara Planning Counter at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
About Amendment C294
On 16 April 2018, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) resolved to commence the planning scheme amendment process to introduce proposed changes to the Boroondara Planning Scheme. Access a copy of the UPSC report.
Council requested authorisation from the Minister for Planning to prepare and exhibit Amendment C294 on 27 April 2018. Following authorisation from the Minister for Planning, Council has commenced the exhibition process.
As part of the public exhibition process, we have notified and invite feedback from:
- All affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers;
- Anyone who lodged feedback as part of the preliminary consultation; and
- Interested stakeholders.
The amendment proposes to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
The amendment affects land at the following precincts and properties:
New heritage precincts
- Bradford Estate Precinct (HO798)
- Banool Estate Precinct (HO799)
- Burke Road Commercial Precinct (HO800)
- Clifton Estate Residential Precinct (HO801)
- Cotham Village Commercial Precinct (HO802)
- Goldthorns Hill and Environs Precinct (HO803)
- Iona Estate Residential Precinct (HO804)
- May Street Precinct (HO805)
- Thornton Estate Residential Precinct (HO806)
Individual heritage places
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO807)
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO808)
- 315 Barkers Road, Kew (HO809)
- 1139-1141 Burke Road, Kew (HO810)
- 301 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO811)
- 230 Cotham Road, Kew (HO812)
- 264 Cotham Road, Kew (HO813)
- 370-376 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO815)
- 4 Edgecombe Street, Kew (HO816)
- 59 Pakington Street, Kew (HO817)
- 20 Peel Street, Kew (HO818)
- 3 Perry Court, Kew (HO819)
- 25 Queen Street, Kew (HO820)
- 13 Raheen Drive, Kew (HO821)
- 6 Reeves Court, Kew (HO822)
- 35 to 37 Rowland Street, Kew (HO823)
- 28 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO824)
- 71 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO825)
- 96 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO826)
- 31 Studley Park Road, Kew (HO827)
Extensions to existing heritage precincts
- Barry Street Precinct (HO143)
- Barrington Avenue Precinct (HO142)
- Sackville Street Precinct (HO162)
- Glenferrie Road Precinct (HO150)
- Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Precinct (HO520)
- High Street South Residential Precinct (HO527)
Review of submissions received
Once the public exhibition process is complete, Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the UPSC.
The UPSC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions.
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration.
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved.
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPSC in mid-2019.
For more information contact Lucy Johnson, Strategic Planner:
- Phone: 9278 4485
- Email: [email protected]