The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew Heritage Gap Study to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (September 2019)
The independent Panel appointed to consider submissions to Amendment C294 has scheduled a public hearing to commence on 17 October 2019 for five days.
As directed by the independent Panel, any expert witness statement needs to be circulated by 10 October 2019. Expert witness statements will be made available for download in the download section below.
If you have any questions regarding the Panel process:
Following the panel hearing, the independent Panel will prepare a report for consideration by Council. Council must make this report publically available within 28 days of receiving it.
For more information
- Download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below.
- Visit the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website.
- View a hard copy of all the amendment and supporting information at the City of Boroondara Planning Counter at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
About Amendment C294
The amendment proposes to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme. An interim Heritage Overlay has been applied to all properties recommended for protection in the Study.
The amendment affects land at the following precincts and properties:
New heritage precincts
- Bradford Estate Precinct (HO798)
- Banool Estate Precinct (HO799)
- Burke Road Commercial Precinct (HO800)
- Clifton Estate Residential Precinct (HO801)
- Cotham Village Commercial Precinct (HO802)
- Goldthorns Hill and Environs Precinct (HO803)
- Iona Estate Residential Precinct (HO804)
- May Street Precinct (HO805)
- Thornton Estate Residential Precinct (HO806)
Individual heritage places
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO807)
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO808)
- 315 Barkers Road, Kew (HO809)
- 1139-1141 Burke Road, Kew (HO810)
- 301 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO811)
- 230 Cotham Road, Kew (HO812)
- 264 Cotham Road, Kew (HO813)
- 370-376 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO815)
- 4 Edgecombe Street, Kew (HO816)
- 59 Pakington Street, Kew (HO817)
- 20 Peel Street, Kew (HO818)
- 3 Perry Court, Kew (HO819)
- 25 Queen Street, Kew (HO820)
- 13 Raheen Drive, Kew (HO821)
- 6 Reeves Court, Kew (HO822)
- 35 to 37 Rowland Street, Kew (HO823)
- 28 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO824)
- 71 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO825)
- 96 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO826)
- 31 Studley Park Road, Kew (HO827)
Extensions to existing heritage precincts
- Barry Street Precinct (HO143)
- Barrington Avenue Precinct (HO142)
- Sackville Street Precinct (HO162)
- Glenferrie Road Precinct (HO150)
- Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Precinct (HO520)
- High Street South Residential Precinct (HO527)
For more information contact Lucy Johnson, Strategic Planner:
- Phone: 9278 4485
- Email: [email protected]
Kew Heritage Gap Study (revised) [PDF, 45MB]
Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet [PDF, 403KB]
Amendment C294 - Explanatory Report [PDF, 184KB]
Amendment C294 - Notice of Preparation of Amendment [PDF, 123KB]
Amendment C294 - Instruction Sheet [PDF, 118KB]
Amendment C294 - Exhibition Map HO 6, 7 & 8 [PDF, 623KB]