The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the Kew Heritage Gap Study to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (October 2019)
The independent Panel appointed to consider submissions to Amendment C294 has scheduled a public hearing to commence on 17 October 2019 for six days. You can access a copy of the current hearing schedule (PDF, 1.75 MB) from the download section below.
As directed by the independent Panel, any expert witness statement needs to be circulated by 10 October 2019. Expert witness statements will be made available for download in the download section below.
If you have any questions regarding the Panel process:
Following the panel hearing, the independent Panel will prepare a report for consideration by Council. Council must make this report publically available within 28 days of receiving it.
For more information
- Download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below.
- Visit the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website.
- View a hard copy of all the amendment and supporting information at the City of Boroondara Planning Counter at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
About Amendment C294
The amendment proposes to include 20 individual heritage places, nine heritage precincts and six precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme. An interim Heritage Overlay has been applied to all properties recommended for protection in the Study.
The amendment affects land at the following precincts and properties:
New heritage precincts
- Bradford Estate Precinct (HO798)
- Banool Estate Precinct (HO799)
- Burke Road Commercial Precinct (HO800)
- Clifton Estate Residential Precinct (HO801)
- Cotham Village Commercial Precinct (HO802)
- Goldthorns Hill and Environs Precinct (HO803)
- Iona Estate Residential Precinct (HO804)
- May Street Precinct (HO805)
- Thornton Estate Residential Precinct (HO806)
Individual heritage places
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO807)
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO808)
- 315 Barkers Road, Kew (HO809)
- 1139-1141 Burke Road, Kew (HO810)
- 301 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO811)
- 230 Cotham Road, Kew (HO812)
- 264 Cotham Road, Kew (HO813)
- 370-376 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO815)
- 4 Edgecombe Street, Kew (HO816)
- 59 Pakington Street, Kew (HO817)
- 20 Peel Street, Kew (HO818)
- 3 Perry Court, Kew (HO819)
- 25 Queen Street, Kew (HO820)
- 13 Raheen Drive, Kew (HO821)
- 6 Reeves Court, Kew (HO822)
- 35 to 37 Rowland Street, Kew (HO823)
- 28 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO824)
- 71 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO825)
- 96 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO826)
- 31 Studley Park Road, Kew (HO827)
Extensions to existing heritage precincts
- Barry Street Precinct (HO143)
- Barrington Avenue Precinct (HO142)
- Sackville Street Precinct (HO162)
- Glenferrie Road Precinct (HO150)
- Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Precinct (HO520)
- High Street South Residential Precinct (HO527)
For more information contact Lucy Johnson, Strategic Planner:
- Phone: 9278 4485
- Email: [email protected]
- Kew Heritage Gap Study (revised) [PDF, 45MB]
- Amendment C294 - Panel Hearing timetable [PDF, 1.75MB]
- Amendment C294 - Part A Submission - Council [PDF, 710KB]
- Amendment C294 - Attachment 2 - Part A Submission - Council [PDF, 5.58MB]
- Amendment C294 - Part B Submission - Council [PDF, 292KB]
- Amendment C294 - Attachments to Part B Submission - Council [PDF, 1.1MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert Evidence - Context Pty Ltd [PDF, 9.14MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert Evidence - Trethowan Architecture [PDF, 613MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert-Evidence - Nigel Lewis Pty Ltd [PDF, 3.91MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert Evidence – 349 Barkers Road, Kew (Urangeline and William Carey Chapel) – Bryce Raworth [PDF, 4.72MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert Evidence – 31-37 Heather Grove, Kew – Bryce Raworth [PDF, 8.14MB]
- Amendment C294 - Expert Evidence – 14 Bradford Avenue, Kew – Bryce Raworth [PDF, 10.07MB]