Amendment C284 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study to include 14 individual heritage places, seven heritage precincts and four precinct extension in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
The amendment affects land at the following precincts and properties.
|Ardene Court Flats||11 Ardene Court, Hawthorn|
|Norwood Terrace||209-217 Auburn Road, Hawthorn|
|Grant Dorman (former Lion Rubber Works)||544 Burwood Road, Hawthorn|
|Dickie House||6 Fairview Street, Hawthorn|
|Melbourne Croquet Club (Former Glenferrie Hill Recreation Club)||37-41 Glen Street, Hawthorn|
|St Joseph's Catholic School (formerly St John's School)||571 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn|
|Edwardian Shops||556-558 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn|
|Victorian shops||817-821 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn|
|Woodford||14 Glenroy Road, Hawthorn|
|Dalsworth||36 Kooyongkoot Road, Hawthorn|
|Farey Brothers' Bakery (former)||20-26 Liddiard Street, Hawthorn|
|Yarralands Flats||150 Power Street, Hawthorn|
|Shrine of St Anthony church complex||180-184 Power Street, Hawthorn|
|Eira||3-15 Wellesley Road, Hawthorn|
|Cranmore Estate and Environs Precinct||
238-272 & 302-340 Barkers Road, 2-32 & 1-15 Elphin Grove, 3-65 & 71-95, 60-82 & 96-104 Liddiard Street, Churchill Grove, Salisbury Grove, Sercombe Grove, York Street, Bowen Street, 2-6 Vicars Street, Carrington Street, Percy Street, Moir Street, Haines Street, Bell Street, Edward Street, Hull Street, and 7-33 & 4-38 Johnson Street, Hawthorn
|Glenferrie and Riversdale Roads Commercial Precinct||86 & 87-105 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn; and 524-544 & 529-549 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn|
|Riversdale Reserve Precinct||8-30 & 19-23 Robinson Road, Hawthorn and 2-28 & 7-21 Illawarra Road, Hawthorn|
|Riversdale Village Precinct||261-305, 282-290 & 324-332 Auburn Road, Hawthorn and 201-233 & 234-242 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn|
|Rookery Estate Precinct||2-16 & 1-7 Austin Street, Hawthorn; 24-40 & 65-73 Evansdale Road, Hawthorn; 2-12 & 1-11 Majore Street, Hawthorn; and 1-21 & 14-18 Yarra Grove, Hawthorn|
|Victory Estate Precinct||132-142 Power Street, Hawthorn and 1-7 & 2-8 Gibney Street, Hawthorn|
|Violet Grove and Environs Precinct||3-19, 2-20 Manchester Street, Hawthorn; Violet Grove, Hawthorn; Marian Street, Hawthorn and 137-151 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn|
|Central Gardens Precinct (HO146) extension||2-30 & 1A-15 Malmsbury Street, Hawthorn|
|Glenferrie Hill Precinct (HO149) extension||1-3 Wellesley Road, Hawthorn|
|Leslie Street Precinct (HO164) extensions (2 areas)||198-218 Auburn Road, Hawthorn (Area 1); 1-17 & 6-12 Edlington Street & 168-178 Auburn Road, Hawthorn (Area 2)|
West Hawthorn Precinct (HO220) extension
|5-47 & 4-40 Lennox Street, Hawthorn and 48 Denham Street, Hawthorn|
Current status (February 2019)
Amendment C284 is currently on public exhibition and you now have the opportunity to provide feedback to Council on the proposed changes.
- Submissions must be made in writing and received by Tuesday 12 March 2019.
- Submissions should be made online using the online submission form.
- Submissions can also be mailed to: Amendment C284, Strategic Planning Department, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
For more information:
- Download a copy of all the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below.
- Visit the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning website .
- View a hard copy of all the amendment and supporting information at the City of Boroondara Planning Counter, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
Once the public exhibition process is complete, Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC).
The UPSC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions.
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration.
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved.
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPSC in June 2019.
- Municipal Wide Heritage Gap Study - Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study - revised 18 December 2018 - [38.6 MB, PDF]
- Heritage Overlay Fact Sheet - [403 KB, PDF]
- Amendment C284 - Explanatory report [152 KB, PDF]
- Amendment C284 - Notice of preparation of amendment [122 KB, PDF]
- Amendment C284 - Instruction sheet [113 KB, PDF]
- Amendment C284 - Exhibition Map HO 7, 8, 11 & 12 [773 KB, PDF]
- Amendment C284 - Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay [2.73 MB, DOCX]
- Amendment C284 - Schedule to Clause 72.04 - Incorporated documents [2.22 MB, DOCX]
- Amendment C284 - Schedule to Clause 72.08 - Background document [2.74 MB, DOCX]
- Statement of Significance - Cranmore Estate and Environs Precinct, Hawthorn [748 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Glenferrie and Riversdale Roads Commercial Precinct, Hawthorn [268 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Riversdale Reserve Precinct, Hawthorn [336 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Riversdale Village Precinct, Hawthorn [289 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Rookery Estate Precinct, Hawthorn [345 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Victory Estate Precinct, Hawthorn [1.1 MB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - Violet Grove and Environs Precinct, Hawthorn [355 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 11 Ardene Court, Hawthorn [748 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 209-217 Auburn Road, Hawthorn [319 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 544 Burwood Road, Hawthorn [245 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 6 Fairview Street, Hawthorn [813 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 37-41 Glen Street, Hawthorn [301 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 571 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn [610 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 556-558 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn [494 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 817-821 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn [292 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 14 Glenroy Road, Hawthorn [766 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 36 Kooyongkoot Road, Hawthorn [863 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 20-26 Liddiard Street, Hawthorn [402 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 150 Power Street, Hawthorn [864 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 180-184 Power Street, Hawthorn [250 KB, PDF]
- Statement of Significance - 13-15 Wellesley Road, Hawthorn [886 KB, PDF]