Amendment C276 applies to nine individual properties and two precincts in Balwyn, Balwyn North and Deepdene and proposes to include nine new individual properties and two new precincts in the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis.
The affected properties and precincts are listed in the following table:
|Proposed Heritage Overlay Number||Affected property/properties|
|HO757||86 Balwyn Road, Balwyn (St Barnabas Anglican Church)|
224 Belmore Road, Balwyn AKA, 4 Collins Court, Balwyn (house)
|HO759||950 Burke Road, Deepdene (maisonettes)|
|HO760||231 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn (Palace Balwyn Cinema)|
|HO761||192 Doncaster Road, Balwyn North (house)|
|HO762||17-19 King Street, Balwyn (pair of houses)|
|HO764||48 Narrak Road, Balwyn (house)|
|HO765||32 Winmalee Road, Balwyn (house)|
146-148 Winmalee Road, Balwyn (house)
|HO767||19-33a Maud Street, Balwyn North (Maud Street Maisonette Precinct)|
208-308 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
347-377 & 397-425 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
(Balwyn Village Commercial Precinct)
Current status (February 2019)
On 4 February 2019, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) considered the independent Panel’s report and resolved to:
- Receive and acknowledge the Panel’s report and recommendations, in accordance with Section 27(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Adopt the revised heritage citations.
- Endorse the revised planning scheme amendment documentation.
- Refer the updated Amendment C276 to an Ordinary Meeting of Council to be adopted in accordance with Section 29(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Adopt changes to the heritage citation for HO423 at 41-45 Yarrbat Avenue, Balwyn, and notify affected property owners and occupiers of the proposed change.
- Authorise the Director City Planning to undertake administrative changes to the amendment and associated planning controls that do not change the intent of the controls.
Access a copy of the UPSC report.
Amendment C276 will now be considered at the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 25 February 2019. Access a copy of the Council report.
Council will decide whether to accept the UPSC’s recommendation to adopt Amendment C276.
All submitters to the amendment as well as any affected and adjoining property owners and occupiers will receive a written invitation to the Council meeting.
For more information contact Nick Brennan, Senior Strategic Planner:
- phone: 9278 4535
- email: [email protected]