Amendment C274 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Camberwell Heritage Gap Assessment. The amendment originally proposed to include 21 individual heritage places, 11 heritage precincts and 2 precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay.
Following public exhibition of the amendment in November - December 2017, the amendment was split into two parts. Amendment C274 Part 1 relates to the Sunnyside and Rowell Avenues precinct. Amendment C274 Part 2 relates to all other properties recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay in the study.
Amendment C274 (Part 2) proposes to implement the recommendations of the Camberwell Heritage Gap Assessment. The amendment now proposes to include 23 individual heritage places, 10 heritage precincts and 2 precinct extensions in the Heritage Overlay.
About Amendment C274 (Part 1)
Amendment C274 (Part 1) has been resolved following the gazettal of Amendment C291 - deletion of interim Heritage Overlay 740 (HO740) from all properties in the previously proposed Sunnyside and Rowell Avenues Precinct (except 30 and 32 Sunnyside Avenue).
Following public exhibition of Amendment C274 and a review of submissions and the extent of demolition and alterations to properties within the proposed Sunnyside and Rowell Avenues precinct, it was determined that the introduction of heritage controls to Sunnyside Avenue and Rowell Avenue could no longer be justified. This does not include 30 and 32 Sunnyside Avenue, which continue to be identified as individually significant heritage places.
At its meeting of 3 April 2018, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) resolved to split Amendment C274 into two parts. Part 1 of the amendment, which applies to the Sunnyside and Rowell Avenues precinct was referred the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 28 May 2018, where Council resolved to abandon the introduction of the Heritage Overlay to the precinct.
Heritage controls for 30 and 32 Sunnyside Avenue, Camberwell will continue to be progressed through Amendment C274 (Part 2).
About Amendment C274 (Part 2)
Council is proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at:
- 486 Burke Road, Camberwell
- 544 Burke Road, Camberwell
- 832-834 Burke Road, Camberwell
- 575 Camberwell Road, Camberwell
- 25 Cookson Street, Camberwell
- 16 Cornell Street, Camberwell
- Fordham Avenue (Hartwell Railway Station), Camberwell
- 112-128 Fordham Avenue, Camberwell
- 27-29 George Street, Camberwell
- 137-139 Highfield Road, Camberwell
- 30 Hunter Road, Camberwell
- 4 Merton Street, Camberwell
- 100A Prospect Hill Road, Camberwell
- 576 Riversdale Road, Camberwell
- 815 Riversdale Road, Camberwell
- 906-912 Toorak Road, Camberwell
- 927 Toorak Road, Camberwell
- 930 Toorak Road, Camberwell
- 2R Wandin Road (Riversdale Railway Station and Signal Box), Camberwell
- 134 Wattle Valley Road, Camberwell
- 30 and 32 Sunnyside Avenue, Camberwell
- Bellett Street Precinct
- Camberwell Links Estate Precinct
- Camberwell Road Estate Precinct
- Hampton Grove Precinct
- Harley Estate & Environs Precinct
- Lockhart Street Precinct
- Milverton Street Precinct
- South Camberwell Precinct
- St John’s Wood & Sage’s Paddock Precinct
- War Service Homes Precinct
- HO144 Burke Road Extension
- HO191 Hassett’s Estate & Environs Precinct Extension
Amendment C274 proposes to include the above properties in the Heritage Overlay in the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (September 2019)
On 23 August 2019, the Minister for Planning approved Amendment C274 Part 2 to the Boroondara Planning Scheme. The amendment and revised planning controls came into effect on 12 September 2019.
You can access a copy of the approved amendment documentation and associated planning controls here .
Alternatively, you can also view a copy of the amendment documentation during office hours at the City of Boroondara Planning Counter, Level 1, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
For more information contact the Strategic Planning Department:
- phone: 9278 4815
- email: [email protected]
Download the Camberwell Heritage Gap Study
Amendment C274pt2boro - Clause 22.03 - Gazetted [PDF, 367kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Clause 43.01s - Gazetted [PDF, 716kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Map 13HO [PDF, 377kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Map 13HO(2) [PDF, 452kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Maps 13HO & 16HO [PDF, 562kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Map 16HO [PDF, 400kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Map 17HO [PDF, 398kb]
Amendment C274pt2boro - Gazetted Deleted Map 17HO [PDF, 357kb]