Amendment C266 proposes to implement the recommendations of the Canterbury Heritage Gap Assessment to include twenty-two (22) individual heritage places, six (6) heritage precincts and one (1) precinct extension in the Heritage Overlay to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
About Amendment C266
Council is proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at:
- 6 Alexandra Avenue, Canterbury
- 902A Burke Road, Canterbury
- 61 Canterbury Road, Canterbury
- 146 Canterbury Road, Canterbury
- 351-359 Canterbury Road, Canterbury
- 190A Canterbury Road, 26A Myrtle Road, Canterbury & 6 Harp Road, Kew (Electrical substations)
- 35 Chatham Road, Canterbury
- 13 Mangarra Road, Canterbury
- 16 Mangarra Road, Canterbury
- 23 Mangarra Road, Canterbury
- 49 Mangarra Road, Canterbury
- 35 Matlock Street, Canterbury
- 67 Mont Albert Road, Canterbury
- 106 Mont Albert Road, Canterbury
- 25 Shierlaw Avenue & 1A Faversham Road, Canterbury
- 2 Snowden Place, Canterbury
- 10 The Ridge, Canterbury
- 14 The Ridge, Canterbury
- 15 View Street, Canterbury
- 2B Warburton Road, Canterbury
- 37 Wentworth Avenue, Canterbury
- 2 Woodstock Street (and stables at 33A Parlington Street), Canterbury
- Canterbury Road Commercial Precinct
- Griffin Estate & Environs Residential Precinct
- Matlock Street Residential Precinct
- Parlington Estate Residential Precinct
- Rochester Road Residential Precinct
- Victoria Avenue Residential Precinct
- 1A Balwyn Road (extension of HO264 - Balwyn Road Residential Precinct to cover 2 Boronia Street).
Amendment C266 proposes to include the above properties in the Heritage Overlay in the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (February 2018)
Interim heritage controls for Canterbury approved (Amendment C264)
Amendment C264 has been approved and was gazetted on 8 February 2018. The amendment introduces interim Heritage Overlays to all affected properties in Canterbury as recommended in Amendments C266. Amendment C266 seeks to introduce permanent Heritage Overlays as identified in the Canterbury Heritage Gap Study.
Under delegation from the Minister for Planning, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has approved the interim Heritage Overlays with an expiry date of 30 November 2018. This will allow enough time for the permanent heritage control amendment to be properly considered.
Panel Process (appointment of Panel/Directions Hearing for Amendment C266)
The Minister for Planning has appointed an independent Panel to consider submissions to Amendment C266.
A Directions Hearing has been scheduled for 10:30am, Wednesday 14 March 2018 at Planning Panels Victoria - 1 Spring Street, Melbourne.