Coronavirus update 13 March 2020

COVID-19 restrictions: what's closed and what's open.

Some of our services may be closed or have different hours for the public holiday on Friday 23 October.

A Section 72 Amendment may be the most appropriate way for Council to assess major changes to endorsed plans, permit conditions or the permit pre-amble.

Find out more about Section 72 amendments 

Use these steps to apply for a Section 72 amendment to a Planning Permit.

Step 1: Prepare the supporting documentation

To apply for a Section 72 Amendment, the following information is required:

You can get a Certificate of title using the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.

Make sure that revised plans include all parts of the original design that have not changed. For example, if the original plans included two buildings, and one will be modified, both buildings must appear on the revised plans.

Step 2: Submit the application form and supporting documents

We prefer that you submit the application electronically using either of the following methods:

  • Email the application form and supporting documents to [email protected] marked for the attention of the Statutory Planning Department, or
  • Submit the application through the ShareFile online file-sharing service to [email protected].

Alternatively, we accept applications submitted by post to Council Offices.

Once lodged, the Statutory Planning Department will return to you via email an invoice and link to Council’s online payment portal for you to complete your application payment. Alternatively, we accept credit card payment forms and cheques sent by post to Council Offices.

The City of Boroondara does not accept the credit card payment form via email.

For Planning Permit fees as of 1 July 2018, see Victoria State Government planning and subdivision fees.

Step 3: Respond to requests for further information

After you have lodged the application, it will be assessed by Council.

Find out how we assess Planning Permit amendments

If we need further information to make a decision on your application, we will ask you to obtain and submit the required documentation. We will send all subsequent correspondence to the email address provided with the submission. 

Contact details

For further enquiries, contact the Statutory Planning on 9278 4888 or email [email protected].


How useful was this information?