Follow these steps to apply for an amendment to plans that have been endorsed by Council.
Step 1: Provide supporting documentation for the amendment
You need to obtain:
- a Certificate of Title. You can get this using the Landata website
The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- an electronic copy of the amended plans
- cover letter detailing the proposed changes
- written summary justifying why the amendments are being requested.
Make sure that the revised plans include all parts of the original design that have not changed. For example, if the original plans included two buildings, and one will be modified, both buildings must appear on the revised plans.
Step 2: Complete the application form and lodge the application
Complete the Application to Amend a Planning Permit form. There is a fee for the application.
Your amended application may be eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
Submit the application for an amendment to endorsed plans
We prefer that you submit the application electronically, using either of the following methods:
- Email the application form and supporting documents to [email protected], marked for the attention of the Statutory Planning Department, or
- Submit the application through the ShareFile online file-sharing service to [email protected].
Alternatively, we accept applications submitted in person or sent by post to Council Offices.
Note that we will send all subsequent correspondence to the email address stated on the application form.
Step 3: Respond to requests for further information
If we need further information to make a decision on your application, we will ask you to obtain and submit the required documentation.
The process for assessing amendments to Planning Permits is governed by the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
For help, email Statutory Planning or call 9278 4888.