Use these steps to apply to change a Planning Permit condition or preamble.
Step 1: Confirm that the amendment does not impact endorsed plans
An amendment to a condition only impacts the wording of the Planning Permit, or its preamble.
Does your amendment impact the plans as well as conditions? If so, you will also need to apply for an amendment to endorsed plans.
Step 2: Provide supporting documentation for the condition amendment
You need to provide:
- Certificate of Title. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Cover letter detailing the proposed changes.
- Written summary justifying why the amendments are being requested.
Step 3: Complete and lodge the application
Complete the Application to Amend a Planning Permit. The application incurs a fee of $1286.10.
Submit the application
We prefer that you submit the application electronically, using either of the following methods:
- Email the application form and supporting documents to [email protected], marked for the attention of the Statutory Planning Department, or
- Submit the application through the ShareFile online file-sharing service, to [email protected].
Alternatively, we accept applications submitted in person or sent by post to Council Offices.
Note that we will send all subsequent correspondence to the email address stated on the application form.
Step 4: Respond to requests for further information
If we need further information to assess the application, we'll ask you to provide the required documentation.
The process for assessing amendments to a Planning Permit is governed by the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
For help, email Statutory Planning or call 9278 4888.