About Amendment C378boro
Council is proposing changes to planning controls affecting land at 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn.
Amendment C378boro proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay (HO943) on a permanent basis to the former Balwyn Baby Health Centre, later Maternal and Child Health Centre at 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn.
Specifically, the amendment:
- Amends Planning Scheme Map 9HO to apply HO943 to 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to include 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn (HO943) on a permanent basis and to introduce a new Statement of Significance for the Maternal Child Health Centre.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.04 (Incorporated Documents) to introduce a new incorporated document titled ‘Former Balwyn Baby Health Centre, later Maternal and Child Health Centre, 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn Statement of Significance, July 2022’.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.08 (Background Documents) to introduce a new background document titled ‘Former Balwyn Baby Health Centre, later Maternal and Child Health Centre, 1 Cherry Road, Balwyn Heritage Citation (GML Heritage, July 2022)’.
Current Status (August 2022)
Exhibition - Have your say
Amendment C378boro is currently on public exhibition and you now have the opportunity to provide feedback to Council on the proposed changes.
You can lodge a submission the following ways.
You can lodge a submission by completing our online Planning Scheme Amendment submission form.
You can post a submission to:
Boroondara City Council
Strategic and Statutory Planning and Placemaking Department
Private Bag 1, Camberwell
Once the public exhibition process is complete, Council officers will review all submissions received and prepare a report for consideration by the Urban Planning Delegated Committee (UPDC).
The UPDC will decide whether to:
- Make changes to the amendment in response to submissions
- Seek appointment of an independent Panel and refer any submissions to the Panel for consideration
- Recommend adoption of the amendment by Council, if there are no submissions or all submissions have been resolved
- Abandon the amendment.
The report is likely to be considered by the UPDC in November 2022.
For more information, you can:
- download a copy of the amendment and supporting documentation from the download section below
- visit the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website