The City of Boroondara Municipal-Wide Heritage Gap Study: Volume 3 Hawthorn presents the findings and recommendations from the heritage assessment of Hawthorn and includes citations for the nominated individual heritage properties and precincts.
Current status (February 2019)
Adoption of Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study
On 19 March 2018, the Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) adopted the revised Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study following preliminary consultation, and resolved to commence the formal planning scheme amendment process to introduce the Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study into the Boroondara Planning Scheme. Access a copy of the UPSC report.
Council has commenced the implementation of the adopted study through Amendment C284.
About the Hawthorn Heritage Gap Study
Council has engaged Context Pty Ltd to prepare the Municipal Wide Heritage Gap Study. The suburb assessment of Hawthorn has been completed. The study area consists of all properties located outside the existing Heritage Overlay in Hawthorn.
The study has identified the following properties and precincts to be of local heritage significance:
- Cranmore Estate and Environs Precinct
- Glenferrie and Riversdale Roads Commercial Precinct
- Riversdale Reserve Precinct
- Riversdale Village Precinct
- Rookery Estate Precinct
- Victory Estate Precinct
- Violet Grove and Environs Precinct
Heritage Precinct Extensions
- HO146 Central Gardens Precinct Extension: 2-30 & 1A-15 Malmsbury Street
- HO149 Glenferrie Hill Precinct Extension: 1-3 Wellesley Road
- HO164 Leslie Street Precinct Extensions: 198-218 Auburn Road (Area 1); 1-17 & 6-12 Edlington Street & 168-178 Auburn Road (Area 2)
- HO220 West Hawthorn Precinct Extension: 5-47 & 4-40 Lennox Street & 48 Denham Street
- 11 Ardene Court, Hawthorn
- 209-217 Auburn Road, Hawthorn
- 544 Burwood Road, Hawthorn
- 6 Fairview Street, Hawthorn
- 37-41 Glen Street, Hawthorn
- 571 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- 556-558 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- 817-821 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- 14 Glenroy Road, Hawthorn
- 36 Kooyongkoot Road, Hawthorn
- 20-26 Liddiard Street, Hawthorn
- 150 Power Street, Hawthorn
- 180-184 Power Street, Hawthorn
- 13-15 Wellesley Road, Hawthorn
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay in the Boroondara Planning Scheme.