The ‘City of Boroondara Municipal-Wide Heritage Gap Study: Volume 6 Hawthorn East’ presents the findings and recommendations from the heritage assessment of Hawthorn East and includes citations for the nominated individual heritage properties and precincts.
About the Hawthorn East Heritage Gap Study
Council has engaged Context to prepare the Municipal Wide Heritage Gap Study . The sixth study to be prepared is for the suburb of Hawthorn East. The study area consists of all properties located outside the existing Heritage Overlay in Hawthorn East.
The draft study has now been completed and has identified the following properties and precincts to be of local heritage significance:
- 406 Barkers Road, Hawthorn East
- 452 Barkers Road, Hawthorn East
- 16 Beaconsfield Road, Hawthorn East
- 64 Campbell Road, Hawthorn East
- 43 Clive Road, Hawthorn East
- 20 Denmark Hill Road, Hawthorn East
- 41 Harcourt Street, Hawthorn East
- 40 Havelock Road, Hawthorn East
- 5 & 7 Higham Road, Hawthorn East
- 29 Leura Grove, Hawthorn East
- 100 Pleasant Road, Hawthorn East
- 336 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East
- 475-477 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East
- Tram Shelter between 439a and 441 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East
- 417-419 Tooronga Road, Hawthorn East
- 500-512 Tooronga Road, Hawthorn East
- 8 Tower Place, Hawthorn East
- 9 Widford Street, Hawthorn East
- 157 Auburn Road, Hawthorn and 3 Russell's Place, Hawthorn East
- Brickfields Environs Precinct
- Burwood Road Estate Precinct
- Smith’s Paddock Precinct
- Longford Estate and Environs Precinct
- Essington Estate and Environs Precinct
- Stonyhurst and Athol Estates Precinct
- Havelock Road, Denmark Hill Road and Linton Court Precinct
- Victoria Road Precinct
Heritage precinct extensions
- HO161 Ryeburne Avenue Precinct - 116-130 Harcourt Street, Hawthorn East
These places are recommended for inclusion in the Heritage Overlay under the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
Current status (December 2018)
Preliminary consultation - Report on outcomes
Council officers have completed a review of the feedback received during preliminary consultation on the draft Hawthorn East Heritage Gap Study.
The Urban Planning Special Committee (UPSC) will consider a report on the outcomes of the preliminary consultation at its meeting on 17 December 2018. You can access a copy of the officers’ report which contains the recommendations regarding the Hawthorn East Heritage Gap Study.
Affected and adjoining property owners/occupiers and anyone who provided Council with feedback as part of the preliminary consultation process will have the opportunity to address the UPSC in support of their feedback.
For more information contact Alexander Antoniadis, Strategic Planner:
• phone: 9278 4987
• email: [email protected]